Despite my medical disagreements with her show, I did like how Ellen looked recently at the People's Choice Awards. Her hair was sleek but not too sleek. It was the kind of hair that I'd want to wear every day, but more to work than an awards show.
Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist, Andy LeCompte shared the details on how this look was created.
• Start with clean freshly washed and conditioned hair, using 1. Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition.
• Roughly dry the hair using your hands. Then create a low side parting and section off the hair from the parting to the crown.
• Evenly distribute 2. Flowing Form Smoothing Balm, then section off hair and blow dry each section perfectly straight using a large round brush to create a smooth sleek finish. Apply tension with the brush at the roots and loosen the tension as you dry to the ends of the hair.
• Once this section is dry and smooth, sweep the hair down low over the forehead and secure behind the ear with a pin.
• Pull some of the hair forward over the ear to give a less polished feel to the look.
• Pull the hair on both sides towards the back of the head and twist in to a rope – spray with 3. Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray – this adds texture but also protects the hair - then while holding the hair in a tight twisted rope apply heat with a diffuser till the hair is dry.
• Once the rope of hair is released, the hair will have a natural tousled effect to it. Smooth hair with flatiron as needed and 1-2 sprays of 4. Shimmer Delight Spray from at least one foot above the head for a light mist to add shine.
Andrew Evans / PR Photos