1. Radical Therapy BioMarine Moisturizer, by Tavarua Skin: I love Radical Therapy, and I use it every morning and every night. It has a light, mousse-like texture and and it’s so moisturizing. I especially love it when we get the Santa Ana winds here in Southern California. It absorbs quickly and isn’t greasy at all, yet keeps my skin looking young and fresh. Sometimes in the morning I apply it with my foundation, to get a really nice, dewy look.
2. Lani Ki Antioxidant Serum, by Tavarua Skin: The light citrus scent and high organic content make this supercharged antioxidant serum a total winner for me. It is 74% organic, and has a high green and white tea content, along with citrus for their antioxidant properties. It really is sunny almost every day here in Southern California, so I use it every day to help keep the free radicals at bay. It really makes a difference in the how my skin looks and feels.
3. Christian Dior Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup Sunscreen: This stuff makes my skin look flawless, with very little product and very little effort. It is almost sheer, so it looks very natural and that is important to me. It also has an SPF of 15, so I feel good about protecting my skin.
4. Christian Dior Fluid Foundation Brush: This brush is magical. It is so soft it just makes me happy when I use it. And using the brush means that I use less foundation, so it lasts longer, and it keeps the color of the foundation true since I’m not using my fingers and contaminating it with the oil/dirt that may be on them. I love it! Like I said earlier, sometimes in the morning I apply it and my Radical Therapy Moisturizer by Tavarua Skin at the same time for a gorgeous, dewy look that gets me compliments all day long!
5. Christian Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette in “Incognito”: I’m not a big makeup person, but I do need to “represent.” My favorite makeup artist, Amy, from the Dior counter at the Fashion Island Nordstrom introduced me to this palette. The colors are well saturated and really cover my eyelid, and they blend easily. It is perfect! I am excited to try other color palettes very soon.
6. Christian Dior Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in “Intense Brown”: Like I said, I’m not a big makeup person, so Amy really had to sell me on this one. I haven’t worn eyeliner since high school (it was blue, along with my mascara and eyeshadow…that tells you how long ago it was…). But I love wearing it now that I have this one. My eyes have so much more va-va-voom when I wear it! It has this awesome little smudger on one end that makes it super quick and easy to blend. It is just soft enough to go on easily without poking my eyelid, too. Very nice, I use it every day.
7. Original Sprout Miracle Detangler: I originally purchased this for my then-5-year-old-son. He has baby fine hair and would wake up every morning with the worst tangles, just impossible to comb out. The Original Sprout Miracle Detangler is the ONLY thing I found that works for his hair! I also have fine, frizzy hair, so one day I started using it on myself. It works wonderfully to keep my frizzies away! It is 100% Vegan with no parabens, or any other of the stuff you want to keep off of your kids and yourself.
8. Cleanser: I have very sensitive skin, so I use a blend of natural oils to cleanse my skin. I take about 1/3 Castor Oil, 1/3 Grapeseed Oil, and 1/3 either Argan Oil or Rosehip Seed Oil. To cleanse, I wet my skin and massage it all over my face, even on my eyelids and lashes. The oil breaks down all of the dirt, makeup and any other residue clogging my pores without stripping my own natural oils away. At the same time I get a mini face massage! After wiping it away with a hot, wet cloth, my skin feels great and never has the weird squeaky feeling that I used to get after cleansing.
9. All Natural SPF30 FaceStik Sunscreen, by Tavarua Skin: Sun, while necessary for Vitamin D production and just plain ol’ mental health, can also cause long term skin damage. Like wrinkles. Dark spots. Cancer. So I use my own Tavarua Skin All Natural SPF30 FaceStik. I love that it is a zinc-based physical blocker, with none of the nanoparticles or potential hormone disrupters like oxybenzone, octisalate, or avobenzone. I also love that it is based in natural oils like Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil…it is super nourishing for my skin, and really stays put even when I’m at the beach in the ocean water. I have worn it hiking, and I sweat like crazy. I never burn anymore! Love it.
10. Repair & Renew BioMarine Copper Peptide Serum, by Tavarua Skin: This serum has a light marine-ish fragrance, because it is based in a sea kelp bioferment. The copper peptides in it target my fine lines and wrinkles and work to help my skin heal itself. I love using it at night before moisturizing, it gives my skin a helping hand at repairing itself while I sleep!
Stephanie Devine is the CEO and Founder of Tavarua Skin, which is based in Southern California. Their formulas are plant and marine vegetable based, use organic and fair trade certified ingredients, and are cruelty free. They also partner with several local and national charitable organizations to give back.