Today we got a morning nap (yeah!), so I took a few extra minutes to play around with some of my BFTE eye shadows. I wanted something pretty and neutral, but a little bit more special than just a quick wash of 1 color.
1. L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream: I'm just starting to use this BB cream, which I'm liking quite a bit so far. It isn't as much coverage as my Dr. Jart BB Creams, but it is more than most tinted moisturizers. The color is a great match for me as well.
2. Tweezerman Eye Lash Curler: I'm a bit of a late convert to the expensive eye lash curler thing (for years I didn't get it and just replaced my cheap ones from the drug store), but this thing is amazing. The curve is a bit different so it actually fits my eye (shocker, I know), and the harder rubber bumper on it means that rather than a bend I get a pretty curl.
3. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde: I really love the very lightly pigmented powders that you can get from MAC, Bobbi Brown and Milani. I put a very light layer on my t-zone, temples and under my cheeks (basically, where a less pale person would put bronzer) and it makes me look much more awake and healthy! I use so little that you can't even see the color, but it definitely makes a difference.
4. CoverGirl Perfection Point Plus liner in black: I like that this liner is so fine and just needs to be twisted up for use. It smudges nicely right after application but seems to stay put very nicely afterwards.
5. L'Oreal MagicLumi Concealer: I just bought this and today I took off the wrapper. It appears to be the L'Oreal version of everyone YSL Eclat Touche Concealer. It's a light to medium coverage for a concealer and has a little bit of a peachy-pink tint to help cancel out under eye circles. I believe it has some light diffusion as well. It seemed to work pretty well, though it wasn't enough coverage for my visible vessel under my right eye (not a shocker, this is always a struggle for me). I'm now at hour 12 and it is still going strong. Hopefully this is a winner!
6. MAC Cremesheen Gloss in Double Happiness: I pulled this out of a MAC shipment last night, and it was here on my counter begging to be used! This is a very pretty neutral shade that just amped up my natural lip color a tad. Very easy for anyone to wear.
7. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, Power Collagen in black: I confess that I'm not 100% sure about the name of this mascara, because my tube says something different than the tube on the L'Oreal site. It's part of the Voluminous line and was recently released (I bought mine about 6 weeks ago). I've found that it adds great volume and length that lasts all day, though I do sometimes need to do a little lash combing because of a few clumps.
8. Too Faced Shadow Insurance: I have a lot of different shadow primers, but at the suggestion of Phyrra, I use this one now under any loose shadows. It really, really outperforms some of my other choices (MUFE, Urban Decay and NYX), simply because it is very slightly tacky feeling, so it grabs onto the shadow to keep it on the lid.
9. BFtE Shadowin Dusty Rose:
10. MAC Pigment in Jigs & Jive: I got this in a MAC holiday set I don't even know how many years ago. I've never used it before, but I could never bear to give it away, it's so pretty! It worked well, though I confess I actually like the loose powders from BFtE and Fyrinnae more.
11. BFtE Shadow in Beautiful
12. BFtE Shadow in Sweet Nothings
13. L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner in blackest black: I really like the gel/potted eye liners, but this is the first from a mass market brand that I've loved. It's every bit as good as the MAC and Bobbi Brown versions. Really.