1. I always begin every makeup application with a great skin prep. I use the face 4 humanity serum and eye cream on every face. It gives a beautiful foundation to build a makeup on. It not only gives the skin a beautiful youthful glow but it also helps the makeup to stay in place all day requiring less touch ups.
2. I have tried many foundations but the one I can always count on is the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. It works beautifully on pretty much every skin type and tone. It can be applied very shear for a no makeup look but can also be built up for as much coverage as you need. It always looks gorgeous on and off camera and they have so many colors to choose from it makes it easy to match skin tones.
3. I am also a huge fan of the Make Up For Ever HD Cream Blushes. I use the #5 Warm Pink, #6 Coral or #7 Light Peach on most faces. The #3 Fuchsia is gorgeous on most African American skin tones. They sculpt the face and give a lovely dewy glow.
4. As for eyeshadows or powder blush, I am a diehard MAC fan. They are of such high quality and have so many colors to choose from. I tend to use a lot of color and a bit of shimmer. I love all of the plum/purple shades especially on green eyes. They really pop!
5. As for eyebrows, I love the MAC Fling pencil. It's a great color on most people. Not too red or too ashy. It works well on blondes or brunettes.
6. My favorite under eye concealers are the Dior Skin Flash. I love the #2 Candlelight. It has a reflective quality so when the light hits it, it smooths out everything, giving the illusion of disappearing fine lines.
7. Mascara, I would have to say that my favorite is Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge lengthening mascara in Black. It doesn't flake or bleed under the eyes and as it's not waterproof, It's fairly easy to remove. I love the Tarte LipSurgence tints. They come in matte or glossy. They feel great and have beautiful colors.
8. I also love the Tarte smolderEYES Eyeliners. My favorite colors are Golden Black (has a little gold shimmer), Plum and Olive. They are waterproof, easy to work with and stay on all day.
9. The MAC Fluidline eyeliner in Blacktrack is a staple for me. You can get a very defined eyeliner with it or smudge it to create a smokey, sultry look. It's very easy to work with for a cream eyeliner.
10. The finishing touches for me are body lotions and I am a big fan of Bath Bar Butter Me Up lotion in Zen Milk. It is very moisturizing and the scent is heavenly.
Kathleen Crawford is one of the most sought after makeup artists in Hollywood. Born in Vancouver, Canada, has spent the past 25 years on top rated television shows like "Gilmore Girls" and "Melissa and Joey." She's been the Department Head Make-Up Artist on more than a dozen episodic and Sitcoms. and has provided makeup for A-list celebrities such as Hugh Laurie, Joey Lawrence, Tom Hanks, Farrah Fawcett and James Brolin. Together with another makeup artist, Desne Holland, Kathleen created face 4 humanity. Their line is of non-toxic skincare products aims to minimize lines and hydrate the face without the use of harsh chemicals and toxins.