1. ELLE Cosmetics, a fun fashion forward new beauty line
Elle just had a new makeup collection hit the shelves at Kohl's (it is exclusive there). It looks like the line is pretty comprehensive and I can't wait to try some of it out! If you've tried any of it, please let me know!
• 24 Eye shadows
• 8 colors of eye liner
• Mascaras in Thickening, Volumizing and Lengthening formulas
• 15 different Lip Glosses
• Lip sticks and liners
• 28 shades of nail polish
2. Upper Class Red by Virgin Atlantic and bareMinerals, The Red Lippie I can't have!
I've never been cool enough to ride with Virgin Atlantic (mostly because I've never flown anywhere that they'd be an option), but apparently their entire flight crew wears amazing red lippies. Virgin has just paired up with bareMinerals to create an amazing red lippie that promises to be very hard to get. And I really, really want it!
According the the press release I got, this lippie is pretty perfect.
“We predict that bareMinerals Pretty Amazing™ Lipcolor in ‘Upper Class Red’, is set to be a popular choice as it’s got the coverage of a lipstick but the high shine effects of a gloss to deliver a full-bodied, velveteen color – a red shade that suits every skin tone,” noted Sarah-Jane Froom, European Makeup Artist at bareMinerals. “It’s also been created with frequent fliers in mind as it includes micronized freshwater pearl powder which hydrates the lips alleviating the effects of cabin air pressure. Plus the comfortable and longwearing finish makes glamour last that bit longer, perfect for long-haul flights.”
Over at Lipglossing you can read a review and see pictures of Upper Class Red. My favorite bit of her review: "While not completely bullet-proof, the colour wears very evenly and transforms from an opaque, glossy covering to a pigmented stain after a couple of hours that lasts throughout the day." It even fades in a pretty way!
‘Upper Class Red’, will be sold exclusively at the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Spa at Heathrow, Gatwick and New York’s JFK International Airport. Passengers who wish to purchase the lip color can do so on board Virgin Atlantic flights through the airline’s inflight shopping guide, Retail Therapy.
3. Lipstick Queen: The Lipstick Library
Poppy King, aka Lipstick Queen, is coming out with great little mini collections of lippies. This is the first, Liptropolis.
• SOHO – the fashionable red
• CENTRAL PARK – the refined peach
• UPPER EAST – the elegant nude
This is a new formula, more of a medium pigmentation. Not sheer but not really opaque either. The little bit of translucency will make these shades more universally flattering (not to mention that Poppy King really knows how to formulate a lippie shade). Each lipstick contains Shea Butter, Avocado Oil and Jojoba Seed Oil to moisturize, soften and protect the lips.
Available in May.
4. Dolce & Gabbana
This super pretty collection is vibrant yet pastel at the same time. And admit it, those colors really are perfect for prom or a wedding. Love.
5. Bath & Body Works Wild Garden Collection
This is a new scent from Bath & Body Works and it is launching in stores this weekend!
• Wild Berry Tulips is a flirtatious blend of red raspberry, cheery honeysuckle and pink tulips
• Wild Apple Daffodil is a playful blend juicy red apple, flirty daffodils and fresh pomegranate
• Wild Citrus Sunflower is a sunny blend of sparkling clementine, cheerful sunflowers and luscious white nectarine
6. Shiseido Spring 2012 Collection
It was really hard to pick which products to feature here. It's already available on their website, and I fully admit to loving everything in the Shiseido Spring collection. So incredibly pretty!
• Perfect Mascara Full Definition ($24): The dual-textured brush captures individual lashes with a nourishing formula that lasts up to sixteen-hours without clumping. Available in two shades – Black and Brown.
• Shimmering Rouge ($25): Uses Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE to moisturize lips during daily wear. Available in seven new shades: Opal, Sorbet, Mango, Butterscotch, Sugar Plum, Temptress and Venus.
• Shimmering Cream Eye Colors ($25): Inspired by Artistic Director Dick Page’s photography, these eye shadows can be blended to create impeccable color. The three new shades include: Ice (BL215), Sunshower (OR313) and Pale Shell (PK214). Try mixing Sunshower and Pale Shell for a light, peachy hue, perfect for Spring!