Recently, 30 Rock's Katrina Bowden celebrated her engagement in New York. For the occasion, Matrix Artistic Directors Ammon Carver and Nick Stenson created a sleek and voluminous pony tail that works for almost any event this spring! While they recommended Matrix products, you could substitute other brands as well.
• Prep hair with Design Pulse Go Big Mousse on damp hair, distribute evenly throughout hair.
• Roughly dry your hair using fingers. I found that drying my hair upside down helped maintain volume but got the job done quickly. When hair is mostly dry, use a paddle brush to help dry smooth.
• Wrap sections around a med sized curling iron, alternating the direction of the curl and maintaining the ends straight.
• Apply Total Results Sleek Silk Wonder Smoothing Oil to each section before wrapping on the iron to help protect hair from damage, and add shine.
• Gently open up the curls with your hands and finish the look with a light mist of Amplify hair spray.
Create the Pony
• Back brush a few sections at the front top hairline.
• Gently sweep all hair back into a mid-height pony, keeping a soft amount of volume and movement in the top.
• Using Total Result Sleek Silk Wonder on your fingertips, take a small piece of hair from the pony and wrap around the rubber band for a perfectly polished pony.