- About Me
- Contact Me
- Copyright Info
- About The Site
- Special Series
- Quick Looks
- Mommy Beauty
- My Favorites
- Favorites of Beauty Experts
- Anti-Aging 101
- Concealer Review Series
- Sunscreen 101
- Manicure 101
- Beauty Posts by Topic
- Skin Care
- Blog Roll
Monday, February 06, 2012
Combating Winter: Turn Your Bathroom Into a Hawaiian Spa Getaway
One of our favorite vacations was to Kauai, where we stayed at the Grand Hyatt. It was beautiful, the food was great and the pool.... wow, I don't even know what to say. Amazing. I distinctly remember amazing massages at Anara Spa the day after our arrival, and the next day I had a facial that left me glowing until well after our return home.
Some day, I'm definitely heading back!
The estheticians at Anara Spa (Maureen, Valerie & Rochelle) put together some easy DIY skin treats with readily available ingredients. The scents will induce thoughts of summer & relaxation, and your soft skin & hair will thank you. I already feel more relaxed!
1 banana mashed
¼ c sugar
2 T milk
1 T honey
Mix and gently rub onto face. Let sit for a minute or two and rinse.
• Sugar exfoliates, banana nourishes skin keeping it supple and glowing, milk nourishes skin and provides lactic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid, that exfoliates and cleanses. Honey softens skin and is anti-microbial.
• Can be refrigerated & reused within a week. Double recipe for a full body treatment.
1 banana mashed or ½ avocado
3 T coconut oil
Mix together and massage into hair.
Leave in hair for 5 minutes. Rinse.
• Banana and avocado are nutrient rich, nourishing hair, coconut oil deeply moisturizes making hair soft and manageable.
½ c oatmeal (in cheesecloth bag)
½ c sugar
¼ t vanilla
Dissolve sugar in the bath water. Place cheesecloth filled with oatmeal in water. Add vanilla to water just before getting in.
• Oatmeal cleanses, exfoliates and soothes skin, sugar encourages new skin turnover and collagen growth, the aroma of vanilla soothes the nerves, reducing stress.