5 Years of Favorite Products: Kiehl’s Photo-Age High Potency Spot Treatment

kiehls, kiehl's photo age, dark spot, corrector, lightener, review

I suppose that you could go back and look at my original Kiehl’s Photo-Age High Potency Spot Treatment review, though really all that you need to see is this little picture trio.

The first picture is really a “before”, I didn’t start using this product until I was a few weeks post-partum, so about February 10th. There’s a little difference after 4 weeks of use, but 6 weeks after that you can see that everything is nearly gone!

Do keep in mind that you’ll need to keep using this product if things are still a bit out of whack. I stopped (I was testing other products) and recently noticed that my melasma was coming back a bit. But, my hormones are still a bit jumpy because I’m nursing my 11 month old (I’ve made it a long time! Yeah me!). I was *about* to start using this product again when Kiehl’s sent me a different hyperpigmentation product to try out, so I’ll once again subject myself to a series of pics like this.

But, this product has had amazing results. I have recommended it to a ton of friends.

Kiehl’s Photo-Age High Potency Spot Treatment

January 28, 2012 / 2:48 pm

I'm happy that this has worked for you, but I checked the Kiehl's site, and they want $49.00 for this product. That's just too much money for me to spend. I wish I could find this product at a reduced rate. Oh well, I'm still glad it worked for you.

Margaret

2. Shannon
    January 28, 2012 / 5:12 pm

Hi Christine, I have yet another question for you ๐Ÿ™‚ What's the order that you apply this product, in relation to sunscreen, serum, moisturizer, foundation, etc? And do you use it at night or daytime or both? I have three spots that I want to nip in the bud. Sometimes I think I'm putting too much stuff on to make a difference, so I'll scale back. Then I'll end up with dry skin and still have splotches. Can't seem to figure it out…

Thanks!
    Shannon

3. January 29, 2012 / 1:41 am

I actually wrote a post over on Style United about the correct order to apply skin care products.

In general, I'd go with medications first, then go from lightest to heaviest. So, meds, serums, lotions, creams… sunscreen after moisturizer and foundation last. Allow 2-3 minutes between steps to let things sink in.

I hope that helps/makes sense!

4. Sarah
    January 30, 2012 / 12:17 am

Hi Christine! Would this work for acne scarring?

5. January 30, 2012 / 12:32 am

It would probably help with hyperpigmentation right after a break out, but not scarring. I'd try at home peels or see a derm for a more intense peel or laser treatments for acne scars.

6. January 30, 2012 / 6:11 pm

excellent! I'm gonna need one soon I think! Nice to see that it actually works before I buy ๐Ÿ™‚

7. February 5, 2012 / 4:01 am

Wow! Seems like a steep price but if it works it's totally justified.