So, obviously things have been a bit quiet around here for a reason. Yes, it was someone's first Christmas and I was concentrating on that! We're also completing some renovations at our home this week, and starting tomorrow I'll be on call for a 5 day stretch in the ICU. Which could be a lot of work or very.... qu..t. I won't write the word, I'm superstitious!
In the meantime, I'll slowly try to get back into the swing of things around here. I'm planning to start up my week of the day postings again. I'm slowly changing the format of the site (which you may have already noticed), though it's not done and I'm still not sure about it. My 5 year blog anniversary is in January (on my daughter's 1st birthday!) and I'm planning some things for that.
I get tagged for a lot of blogging awards, and I don't usually participate because I feel strange tagging more people. I think this is the shy girl in me (and yes, I'm really shy in person!) I was just tagged for the Kreativ Blogger Award over at Beauty by Arielle, and I thought it would be fun to actually answer the questions this time. I'm tagging everyone that is reading this post, send me a link if you answer the questions too!
1. NAME YOUR FAVORITE SONG:
This is a hard one, I have a couple that remind me of special times in my life. Here are a few of them.
• Butterfly by Tori Amos- I was obsessed with this song my senior year in high school. I listened to it over and over when driving to my Inteflex interview. Literally, about 30 times in a row. It did seem to calm me down, which was great since I did somehow manage to get into the program!
• Until by Sting- This is from Kate and Leopold, which is a horrible Meg Ryan movie that I actually love. It was on a mix CD that hubby and I listened to a lot on our honeymoon. This song makes me remember driving up the western coast of Maui at night with the top down on our rental car.
2. NAME YOUR FAVORITE DESSERT:
Apple Crisp! If it is on the menu, that's what I'm ordering.
3. WHAT TICKS ME OFF:
People who try really hard to get out of doing their jobs. I encounter this at work a lot. I'll get people calling to argue with me for forever about doing something, and the arguments take up waaaay more time than the time/effort of just doing their job.
4. WHEN I'M UPSET I:
I guess I mope a bit, talk to my husband and then distract myself with something else.
5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PET:
Obviously, my current one! I have an old husky named Hoagie. Yes, like the sandwich.
6. BLACK OR WHITE:
7. BIGGEST FEAR:
I have a big fear of heights. I can barely walk by the balcony edge when at the mall, ride and escalator or take some sets of stairs.
8. EVERYDAY ATTITUDE:
I'm usually pretty positive, though I definitely have a cynical side.
9. WHAT IS PERFECTION:
I'm not sure that there is such a thing as perfection. Usually that doesn't strike me as quite genuine, so I'm ok with a little bit of imperfection.
10. GUILTY PLEASURE:
Beauty products, time with my family and Pinterest!
SEVEN RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I'm obsessed with my Kindle. I have a first generation one, from back in the day when they were impossible to buy because Oprah featured them and they were sold out. I've kept it so long because it works great and I have an SD card slot, which the newer versions don't have. I'm planning to keep it until it is so old that it embarrasses me on planes or dies.
2. I'm about to complete finishing off my basement (well, actually the guys that we hired are about to complete it, but whatever). We've included a craft area in the design, and I'm soooo excited about buying my own sewing machine! I haven't started looking yet, but I'm hoping to pick one out this spring. I also want one of the Cricut machines, but don't tell my husband.
3. I like hazelnut creamer in my coffee each morning but it must be from International Delights. No CoffeeMate for me.
4. My favorite things to read about on Pinterest are photography and photoshop tips. I seriously spend hours reading them. I have another window open with about 15 tabs on photo retouching right now.
5. I miss my Disneyland season pass.
6. I only have 2 shows that I watch regularly on television now, which is kind of sad, but I just haven't found anything else that I find worthwhile. I'm watching The Closer and Big Bang Theory. I'll watch American Idol when it restarts. Is there anything else I should watch?
7. I'm Jane Austen's cousin, 7 times removed or some crazy number. Which just means I'm part english. But!!! Jane Austen!!!