Laura Mercier's Luxe Eye Portfolio: The Gift to Buy YourselfThursday, November 03, 2011
That is so me. I always end up buying a few of the special holiday beauty releases. This is the first one you should check out for yourself. I gasped in amazement when I opened it. This palette is amazing. The brushes are perfect. I will use it for years to come. I'm going to tell all of my friends to rush out and buy one, this baby will sell out fast!
Read on to see my pics and swatches of Laura Mercier's Luxe Eye Portfolio.
Tip: You can click on the images below to enlarge them.
• Rich Sienna – luster finish - new, exclusive
• Morning Dew – matte finish – inline
• Black Coffee – matte finish - new, exclusive
• Rosewood – luster finish - new, exclusive
• Pink Crystal – sequin finish – inline
• Sable – sateen finish – inline
• Royal Gold – luster finish – new, exclusive
• African Violet – luster finish – inline
• Mica – luster finish – exclusive
• Golden Cream – luster finish – new, exclusive
• Fig – sateen finish – new, exclusive
• Sparkling Night – sateen finish – new, exclusive
• Morning Dew – matte finish, I've found myself reaching for this shade for my "everyday" look over and over already. It is just a touch darker and more peach than my skin, which makes it perfect for use all over my lid, on the browbone... you name it! I've been pairing it with everything. I think I'll need to buy a single shadow of this.
• Black Coffee – matte finish, this is a simple rich, dark and matte black. I love using shades like this with a stiff brush as a liner or simply over liner. Also a must have for smokey eyes!
• Pink Crystal – sequin finish, I was surprised by this color as I expected it to come across as the mid-tone dusty pink you see in the palette. Instead, it is lighter and brighter with less coverage. Really, it comes across as a light pink wash with some great shimmer over it. Perfect as an accent shade!
• Sable – sateen finish, again a color that I've been reaching for over and over! This is a brownish-pewter with subtle shimmer that is beautiful. I've been using it on the outer corner of my eye for a rich smokey look that works for every day.
• African Violet – luster finish, a bit more pink than I had expected, this color would be great in a gradient for a grey-purple smokey eye.
• Mica – luster finish, This shade is closer to the Pink Crystal than I had expected. It is grey in the background, though that is fairly translucent. I mostly picked up a lot of very pretty silver shimmer.
• Fig – sateen finish, a pinkish-purple
• Sparkling Night – sateen finish, this one is deceiving since all of the pics I took of it made it look lighter in the palette than it really is in person. This is pretty dark, though there is blue and purple in it. Great for a smokey eye!
Laura Mercier's Luxe Eye Portfolio, $98