What Does That Thing Do? Double Barreled Curling Irons Explained

Have you seen the double barreled curling irons in stores? Apparently it is perfect for creating beachy waves and Veronica Lake waves. But, I’ve always been confused by it when I see it in stores, so I’ve quickly bypassed it. Recently RSession tools sent me a few images that explain how it works.

Read on for the easy explanation.

Using your free hand, you wrap your hair around the barrels in a figure 8 pattern! It’s so simple, I have no idea why this was confusing me. It’s best to hold the curling iron at the top of your hair and work your way down the hair shaft. This is obviously safer with a heat protective glove, though not all irons will come with one.

The curling irons are available at pretty much all price points now. Have you tried one yet? Should I get it?

RSession Tools Naluwaver

1. July 20, 2011 / 7:26 pm

I have the hot tools triple barrel waver and it looks just like that one expect it has 3 barrels. Can you use that technique with the 3 barrel iron?

2. July 20, 2011 / 7:59 pm

I definitely think you could. Just make sure you have some sort of heat protecting glove on!

3. July 20, 2011 / 8:30 pm

Those have always confused me too. I'm lucky to actually like having curly hair, I generally don't need a curling iron.

4. July 20, 2011 / 8:32 pm

Yea, I need to get one of those. It looks kinda confusing but Im sure i could get the hang of it. I always just used it the normal way but didn't really like how it made my hair crimpy. When I bought it a year ago, I was hoping for more waves/loose curls. I love the picture on the left. Her curls are gorgeous

5. July 20, 2011 / 9:52 pm

I'm scared. I wouldn't be able to use one of those unless it came with a stylist.

6. July 21, 2011 / 1:06 pm

I had seen them before but was pretty confused as well. If I see one at the drugstore (after I'm doing with my Summer no-heat hair fast) I'll give it a shot. It looks interesting!

Kindness is the best accessory,
    rebeccakelsey.com