Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale: My Top 9 Beauty Exclusives Picks!Friday, July 15, 2011
It's that time again! Every year during their summer Anniversary Sale, Nordstrom's has amazing exclusive beauty deals. Some items are specially packaged sets, some are made just for this sale by your favorite companies, and some are just giant, stock up versions of your favorite products that you can't get anywhere else. There are also some amazing gift with purchase (GWP) items available this year from Lancome, Clinique and Clarins, just to name a few.
I can't feature the entire sale here, but I have a few of my favorite picks featured here. MAC has released a great collection of eye color duos, I have 6 of those that I'll be featuring later this weekend as well.
Over at Ain't No Mom Jeans they've featured their best Mom-drobe picks. I'm looking at the boots, I wore my Coach riding boots to the ground while pregnant, and I fear they are now beyond the resuscitation abilities of even the best cobbler.
Read on for my beauty picks and happy shopping!
1. Chanel Exclusive Color Collection: With exclusive shades from Chanel including a blush, eye shadow quad, Illuminating Pearl Glow Powder, 2 new Glossimers, and 2 Rouge Satin Lip Colours. The Nordstrom exclusives are typically very crowd pleasing in terms of shade selection, and who doesn't love Chanel? I believe this is in-store only, I can't find it on the Nordie's website.
2. Deborah Lippmann 'Get This Party Started' Set : No one does glittery nail polish like Lippmann. This set includes Boogie Wonderland, Night Fever and Happy Birthday.
3. Trish McEvoy 'Portable Beauty Romance' Set: Once again I'm a sucker for everything you need packed up all cute and ready to travel.
4. Dior: Blue Tie Palette looks like it has some great eye shadows and would be versatile for travel. I can't think of a shade of nail polish similar to Nail Lacquer in Navy, so if you're a blue girl you'll want to nab it!
5. Lancôme 'Parisian Sultry' Eye Look Set: This set is amazing for those with warm tones in their skin (this cool toned girl is jealous). It includes Color Design Shadow and Liner Palette in Coral Crush, and eyeliner, a colour base and Hypnôse Instant Full Body Volume Mascara (I think the mascara is travel sized).
6. Clarins Time to Choose GWP: When you buy 2 Clarins items (1 must be skincare) you can pick from a huge array of GWP skin care sets.
7. Kate Somerville Kate Essentials Set: My beloved ExfoliKate is included in this set, as well as Nourish Daily Moisturizer, Gentle Daily Cleanser & a Cyto Cell Eye packette. A great way to introduce yourself to Kate Sommerville.
8. Kiehl's Powerful Moisture Restoring Set: There are a few Kiehl's sets to pick from, but this one has quite a few of my favorites such as Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate, Ultra Facial Cream, Creamy Eye Treatment, Midnight Recovery Concentrate, and Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+.
9. Clarisonic Plus Value Set: If you don't have a Clarisonic yet, this is the best time to buy one. I'd strongly recommend this set over a specially colored Mia (though, they are selling that during the Nordie's sale as well). I'm a big fan of my Clarisonic, and the full size version is just better suited for every day use.
Nordstrom's Beauty Exclusives