NARS Fall 2011: Finely Balancing Bright Colors with NudesFriday, July 29, 2011
Have you seen the new NARS Fall 2011 collection? It just became available on NARS Cosmetics and I don't even know where to start. The look is modern, fresh and graphic without being so over the top that it can't be translated to real life. And by real life I mean those of us that don't live in SoHo going to art gallery openings. People like me. While I'm not sure that the super bold blue is the color I'd go for (green might work better for me), I love how everything else is neutral but still just... pretty and not remotely boring.
Read on for a closer look.
NARS makeup artist Diane Kendal created the season’s look on model Mariacarla Boscono under the direction of NARS Founder and
Creative Director François Nars.
• Siberia Sheer Matte Foundation: Applied to the center of the face with fingertips, blending outward.
• Snow Loose Powder
• Oasis Blush: Applied just below the cheekbone and blended the color toward the temple to add contour to the cheeks.
• PRO-PRIME Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
• Outremer Single Eyeshadow: Layering the color to build intensity. To create a winged effect,
she extended the color to the inner corner of the eye and up along the outer corner
toward the brow bone.
• Sheer white side of Pandora Duo Eyeshadow was applied on the brow bone, blending it softly into the bold blue hue.
• Rue Saint-Honoré Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner Pencil on the upper lash line and the lower lash line with Rue Bonaparte Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner Pencil to open the eyes.
• The silvery taupe shade of Grand Palais Duo Eyeshadow was blended along the lower lash line, extending the color into the inner corner of the
• Brows were defined with Bali Single Eyeshadow
• Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
• Fantasia Lipliner Pencil was used to line and fill in the lips, blending with a finger to soften the color.
• Striptease Lip Gloss
• Pago Pago Lipstick
Outremer Single Eyeshadow, $23
Grand Palais Duo Eyeshadow, $33 (Limited Edition)
Silvery taupe and dusty rose
Delphes Trio Eyeshadow, $45 (Limited Edition)
Sparkling sheer peach, matte dove gray and frosted sage
Oasis Lip Gloss, $24 (Limited Edition)
Sparkling pink champagne
Train Bleu Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, $24
Pago Pago Lipstick, $24
Montego Bay Pure Matte Lipstick, $25
Mascate Pure Matte Lipstick, $25
Galion Nail Polish, $17 (Limited Edition)