- About Me
- Contact Me
- Copyright Info
- About The Site
- Special Series
- Quick Looks
- Mommy Beauty
- My Favorites
- Favorites of Beauty Experts
- Anti-Aging 101
- Concealer Review Series
- Sunscreen 101
- Manicure 101
- Beauty Posts by Topic
- Skin Care
- Blog Roll
Monday, May 23, 2011
My Favorite Make-Up Brushes
Lately I've been wondering if expensive make-up brushes are worth the money. I have a pretty large collection of brushes. I have brushes that came as a Gift with Purchase, that I bought from brands like Bobbi Brown and MAC and even cheap $1 brushes from places like Target and nail supplies. Despite having a huge collection of brushes, I do find myself reaching for the same ones over and over. My favorites are very well used, and they aren't necessarily the expensive brushes.
1. MAC 182 Buffer Brush: This kabuki is what I reach for to help buff in my powder.
2. The Real Techniques Kabuki: Definitely smaller than my MAC buffer, this brush can open up which I find makes it pretty versatile. I've been using it to apply bronzer or MAC Beauty Powder.
3. The Real Techniques Foundation Brush: The first foundation brush I've ever used that wasn't flat and about 1 1/2 inches wide. This one is a little fatter and a tad less than an inch wide. I've found that this helps a lot with blending around my nose and under my eyes.
4. The Real Techniques Blush Brush: If I want a lighter touch with my bronzer or Beauty Powder than the RT Kabuki (#2) offers, I go for this brush.
5. Clinique Blush Brush: I got this blush as part of a gift with purchase in college. Which means that it is probably 12 or 13 years old (yes, I'm old!) I love it because that little brush is the perfect size for applying blush right on the apple of my cheeks. I like a little pop of color right there. This gets it there.
6. Billy B #11 Slanted Eye Liner Brush: This is perfect for pushing a little dark shadow into my lash line and then getting the perfect amount of smudged color onto the lid itself. I have a lot of other slanted eye liner brushes, but this is definitely my favorite.
7. Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Brush: This is my favorite eye shadow brush, sent to me by Coastal Scents with some eye shadow samples about 3 years or so ago. At the time this brush was selling for about $2 on their site, and I should have bought 10 more. A few months ago I decided I need more... and they don't sell this exact brush any more! I bought 1 of every shadow brush they offer, "just in case" I couldn't figure out which brush it was. I got some nice (and cheap) brushes, but not this one. It's perfect for applying shadow over my lid without overflowing too much over my crease. Love it.
So, those are the brushes that I'm reaching for every morning. What are your favorite brushes? Should I check them out?