Though she didn’t do Natalie’s hair for the Golden Globes, Pureology PureArtist April Webster offered tips on how to achieve the look on your own at home.
1. Prepare the hair by spritzing 8 pumps of Pureology ColourStylist FortifyingHeatSpray on damp hair then emulsify a golf ball sized dollop of ColourStylist SilkBodifier and apply throughout hair.
2. Blow-dry using a large round brush to smooth. Create a side part and sweep bangs to the side.
3. When hair is dry, apply a small pea-sized amount of ColourStylist CuticlePolisher to entire perimeter of hair and begin to smooth into a low ponytail at nape.
4. After all hair is smooth and secure, twist in a clockwise upward turn to create a French Twist pleat without excess fullness. Once the crown is reached fold the ends down and back into the twist. This will create the little fullness and “poof” in the crown. Secure with both open and closed bobby pins.
5. Finish look with ColourStylist StrengtheningControl zero dulling hairspray.
Read on for a video of how to recreate this look as well!
Celebrity hairstylist Scott Cunha of Leonor Greyl (whose clients include Emma Stone and Miley Cyrus) was kind enough to recreate Natalie’s look in a video!