Every Thing You Ever Wanted to Know About Under Eye Circles, Bags and More….

Under Eye Circles, Bags
In my recent post on how to use concealer and corrector on your under eye area I very briefly alluded to under eye bags and what causes them. I didn’t go in to it, as that’s a whole other ball of wax. It’s a post that I’ve had in the back of my mind for years, but for some reason I’ve never gotten around to writing it.

Well, I don’t need to write it after all! Dr Cynthia Bailey, my favorite dermatologist, has written an amazingly comprehensive and easy to understand post on what causes under eye circles, bags and puffiness. This is the post I’ve wanted to write for years, but better written and more inclusive. Definitely go check it out.

You can also check out:
The Best Under Eye Makeup Products for Looking Younger and Awake
Dealing With Undereye Puffiness: Preventing It, Treating It and Camouflaging It
Concealer Review Series: How and Where to Use Concealer and Corrector

1. April 26, 2011 / 2:38 pm

Great article! But I felt like it was an ad after a while.

2. April 26, 2011 / 4:11 pm

I'm not really sure what in that post felt like an ad? Maybe where I showed off how horrible my undereye area can look?

3. Il
    April 26, 2011 / 10:37 pm

I'm pretty sure Jo meant Dr. Bailey's post. Funny thing about her blog… most of her favorite products are apparently produced by a single company. It's Replenix this and Replenix that.

4. April 27, 2011 / 1:40 am

LOL! I didn't even think to consider she may have meant Dr. Bailey article. I think ignore the specific products and you'll find that the article is helpful.

5. April 27, 2011 / 2:59 pm

Christine, I love your photo and the luggage! I also love you sharing the good days bad days nature of under eye 'issues'. That area really is a great barometer of what's up in our bodies and lives. We don't always want to walk around in our daily lives with that info front and center for everyone to see. For me, if I'm tired, stressed, haven't been 100% with my healthy diet or exercise-bingo- it's bags and circles.

Yes, I love Replenix this and that. In fact, the tiny number of products on my web site are only those I'm passionate about and use. I look at tons of products out there, read ingredient lists and 'play' with many of them on myself or volunteers (we all love free skin care products). Replenix Eye Cream is my holy grail and I love it. If something better comes along, I'll get passionate about that and switch over. Until then, it's my under eye savior. Since I've never worn face makeup (foundation or concealer) this is a big deal for me. At 52 I may have to start wearing makeup though and your concealer posts are getting me up to speed on it, thanks!

6. April 27, 2011 / 9:35 pm

Christine-Your photo with the luggage literally made me LOL!!! Love it!!! Undereye bags and humor! šŸ™‚ I totally agree, Dr. Bailey wrote a great article and I am learning so much from reading both hers and your posts!!! šŸ™‚

7. Katrine
    June 6, 2011 / 9:22 pm

I apologise, but i am (weirdly) happy to see that capillary! I have visibly veins above and below both eyes – a lovely blue colour (the veins, that is) – and have just recently discovered the goodness of colour correctors. I am, not unexpectedly, freakishly pale, and honestly, practically my entire circulatory system is visible in the right light (the light in which I am not willing to wear low cut anythings, as I look like a science experiment!) – I have never seen it on anybody else, so I'm a little bit cheery to see yours! (Sorry)

8. June 7, 2011 / 1:17 am

LOL! Katrine, that's so funny!
    I really only started using correctors about a year ago and for things like my capillary they are soooo helpful! And I sound about the same freakishly pale as you. šŸ˜€

9. June 7, 2011 / 1:17 am

LOL! Katrine, that's so funny!