I’ve had a lot of questions lately from readers regarding my favorite products. I was already thinking about updating my Everyday Favorites, but my cousin Ellery from Mom’s Life Made Easy was the one whose email finally pushed me to do it. Anyways….
I’ve added a little button in the right column that will link to the latest Everyday Favorites post and I’m going to finally make an effort to update this list every few months. I feel compelled to create graphics for things. This one is a bit boring… Hmm….
Here are the products I’ve been reaching for in between product testings! If a product category isn’t mentioned, that means I might not have a strong preference for one item over another. I’ve linked to my review or the product on-line whenever possible. Note that some of these products I may have received as a sample at some point, but these are things I’ve purchased myself when I’ve run out.
In the Shower
• ABBA Pure Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner: Hydrating, makes my hair clean without weighing it down, and I like that the scent is unobtrusive.
• Gillette Venus Embrace: Overall this razor definitely gives me the smoothest shave. Plus, I can restock at Sam’s Club.
• Skintimate Shave Gel: See Venus Embrace.
• Cetaphil Cream: I try other lotions and creams, but the truth is that this cream (applied immediately after patting dry, before I even leave the shower) is the best one for keeping my skin hydrated and the ezcema under control.
• Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash: Again, my ezcema stays under control when I’m well hydrated (otherwise I turn into an itchy, red rashy person). So, I’m a fan of creamy and super hydrating body washes. Olay has had a few iterations of this body wash, but their Ultra Moisture is the current one.
• Milk of Magnesia: Combats the shininess
• Cover Girl LashBlast Fusion
• MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder: I’m a pressed powder girl simply for ease of application (and lack of mess), and I’m in serious love with this new MAC powder. It is formulated to provide a smoother finish, and it definitely is a step up from my previous favorite.
• Buxom Insider Liner: I’m not one of those bloggers that can post an absolutely amazing, perfect eye look every day using 10 different colors and 3 liners. I’m above average in terms of my makeup application, but I’m not a pro. One of the things I’ve yet to perfect is liner underneath my eye, primarily because it is a look I only recently decided to try out. This is the only one I’ve been able to apply smoothly in a quick application, plus it lasts much longer.
• Make Up For Ever HD Primer: I’ve tried a lot of primers, and I’ve really been the biggest fan of this one from MUFE. It isn’t silicone based, can be applied by just smearing it everywhere, and it “sets” very quickly. Love!
• Make Up For Ever HD Foundation: Flawless finish, easy to blend and the best match to my skin.
• Urban Decay Potion Primer: While I recently admitted that I can’t tell the difference in wear time between 3 different eye shadow primers, I still compare everything to UDPP. In my mind this is the “gold standard.”
• Fresh Sugar Plum: I love this balm for it’s universally flattering color. One swipe and I’m done! Rumor is that a more neutral color is coming out this summer, I’ll definitely be buying it!
• Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer, SPF 15: No surprise here since I talk about this product all the time! I’m in serious love.
• Completely Bare Buffing Beads: If you want a scrub, I love this little bottle. Add to your favorite cleanser and Voila! The perfect scrub.
• Sensai Gentle Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips: 1 swipe and even the toughest waterproof makeup is gone!
• Clarisonic: I admit that I don’t use this every day like I should, but I do break it out at least a few days a week.
• Kate Somerville’s Exfolikate: I’m still in the process of reviewing this product (I’ll be writing it up soon, I’ll update the link once I do), but I’m already plotting when to buy more. Lots more. 30 seconds with this green goo and my skin just glows. Love that!
• Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask: This stuff is only $3 and is the best clay mask ever. I swear it pulls all sorts of stuff out of pores! Use it after a shower when things have “softened up” a bit from the steam.
• Conair Infinite Pro Blow Dryer: This dryer definitely sped up my morning routine
• ghd 1″ Flat Iron: Mine doesn’t allow you to change the temp, though let’s be honest and admit that we all use our flat irons on the highest setting. Is it good for our hair? No. But we all do it to speed things up. This one does heat up almost immediately and I swear my hair looks perfect in much less time than with other irons. I don’t know how or why, but it really feels true.
• Oscar Blandi Pronto Gloss: I can’t stop using this cream! I have been grabbing it almost every day, it is definitely my favorite smoothing product.
• Moroccan Hair Oil: I don’t use this every day, but just about.
• Avon Lotus Shield: When humidity hits, this is the easiest way to combat the frizz.