Sephora by OPI Announces Glee!Thursday, January 13, 2011
Are you a Gleek? I've watched the show on occasion and have enjoyed it (and I admit that I would likely be a Gleek if I had started watching it at the beginning of the show, I just get confused about who everyone is and their drama), and I think the show is pretty entertaining.
Sephora and OPI are teaming up to create a new Sephora by OPI goes Gleek Chic collection. Most of the colors will be available individually ($9.50) or as a mini set of six ($22). If you get the mini set there are 3 additional colors that come only as a mini (and it will be worth it, read that description of Celibacy Club!).
Read on to see the colors and find out more about them.
The Colors (click to enlarge the image above)
• Slushied – There’s no need to duck from this opaque blue
• Hell to the No – This purple shade might as well be considered liquid-pizzazz
• Gleek Out – A lime, glittery green that will have everyone singing your praises
• Diva-in-Training – Step aside Rachel Berry. The next solo is yours with this poppy pink hue
• Who Let the Dorks Out? – All the cool kids aren’t doing it! Express your individuality and inner-Gleek with this statement peacock green
• Miss Bossy Pants- A rich raspberry as show-stopping as Rachel herself
• Mash-Up – Whether your style is sporty or goth, this pearlescent green gray pulls it all together for a pitch-perfect look
Mini Set Exclusives: (again, click to enlarge)
• Celibacy Club - Even if it’s only part of the show, express your inner angel with this glimmering, diamond top coat
• Express Yourself to Yourself - Even more entertaining than Sue Sylvester in a music video, this coral shimmer shade will have people talking
• Sue Vs Shue – Capturing the rivalry by this rebellious navy blue
Sephora and OPI will also be making Chic Prints for Nails Design Appliqués ($15). They come in 3 different designs (click to enlarge them), Showstopper (gold stars), Berry Special (navy polka dots) and One Hit Wonder (music notes). The appliqués are pretty easy to apply once you get the technique down, and last 2 days from what I've heard, though I have not tried this brand.
Which colors are you going to be picking up? I'll for sure be getting a mini set, Hell to the No, Miss Bossy Pants and Mash-Up.
The collection will be available starting February 3rd at Sephoras across the country.
On February 12th from 2 pm-4pm at the Sephora in Century City Sephora will hold a celebratory in-store launch event! Naya Rivera, who plays Santana on the series, alongside Eryn Krueger-Mekash, the show’s head make-up artist, will both be there. One lucky winner will be treated with an on-site make-over by Eryn as well as fun activities to help kick off the line’s debut.
Don't forget to watch Sephora's Facebook Page and Twitter Feed for special contests!