FACE Stockholm #28: A Hidden Nail Polish Layering Gem

FACE Stockholm #28:  A Hidden Nail Polish Layering Gem, Swatches
This nail polish is from FACE Stockholm and is very surprising. In the bottle it is a light pink with a lot of iridescence. It looks quite a bit like you would expect it, a fairly sheer color that is subtle but up close has the pretty iridescence. This picture is 3 coats, still with visible nail line. But, I really like it and want to walk around staring at it all the time.

This polish is pretty on its own, but once it is layered the polish is amazing. I wish I could truly capture it in a picture, but I can’t. I did try though, read on to check it out.

I decided to try a wide range of colors for layering. Black Onyx is obviously the most dramatic of the colors I layered over, but over the other colors #28 is just pretty. I can’t describe it any other way.

Over Snow (which I could not get to show up in a single picture, and I have about 200 (!!) pictures of these 4 nails with the layering) the iridescence is really pretty. It is subtle, but more prominent than #28 alone. Over Diva Bride and Light as Air #28 isn’t really iridescent, it really adds a level of fine, pretty shimmer. Over Black Onyx the iridescence just takes over. I can see layering even more over this layer, perhaps a holo or glitter for more bling.

FACE Stockholm Nail Polish #28

January 22, 2011 / 3:36 pm

I saw your post and immediately zipped over to Face Stockholm to buy some of that gorgeous polish. It's not available! So sad ;-(

2. January 22, 2011 / 3:37 pm

Your posts always inspire me to do my nails! 🙂

3. January 22, 2011 / 5:10 pm

i love your blog! the nail polish posta are my favorite!!!!
    -aubrey 13 years

(the picture is my mom!)

4. January 22, 2011 / 5:41 pm

Light as air with and without the face stockholm look so pretty on you. Thanks for sharing a smaller known brand (Face Stockholm).
    Amanda

5. January 23, 2011 / 3:17 am

Wow how pretty. I love when I can change the appearance of a polish and spruce up a manicure midway through the week.

6. January 24, 2011 / 11:51 pm

Oh no! The polish isn't on there? They told me it was part of the spring line, I hope it shows up soon. Really it is available soon!

Pammy- I've been nail crazy for years, I just decided I should start taking pics again. Be ready, I have already scheduled nail polish pics every few days well into March! 😀

January 26, 2011 / 8:07 pm

I just checked the site again, and although they have new colors, there is no #28. They lied to you! Curses!