In January’s issue of Prevention they have a great skin care feature. Their editors have sorted through creams, lotions and serums to come up with a list of great options for whatever your skin care needs are.
Read on to see the list!
Intensive Care for Dry Skin
• If your skin is tight, rough, and flaky
• Stick with balms or creams; most lotions aren’t hydrating for dry skin.
(Note: They listed a few serums, so I’m including them here, but you should know that typically a serum is not very hydrating. I haven’t tried either of these options to know if they are or are not hydrating.)
• Collective Wellbeing Night Balm
• La Roche-Posay Substiane Daily Replenishing Care for Mature Skin
• Skinceuticals Emollience
• Boots No7 Lifting & Firming Night
• Vichy Laboratoires Aqualia Thermal Serum 24Hr Hydrating Concentrate
• Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough Replenishing Oil
• If you suffer from rosacea or your skin burns when you apply products
• You need a night cream that pampers your complexion
• Look for fragrance-free products
• Eau Thermale Avène Tolérance Extrême Cream
• Vichy Laboratoires Aquila Thermal Mineral Balm
• Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream with Active Naturals Natural Shiitake Complex
• Boscia Restorative Night Moisture Cream
• CeraVe Facial Moisturing Lotion PM
• Priori CoffeeBerry Night Complex
• Murad Sensitive Skin Soothing Serum
• Paula’s Choice Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
• You want a product that cleanses skin without causing pimples
• Skip the heavy balms, which usually contain oil.
• Ideal choice for a moisturizer would be hydragels
• Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer
• Pür Minerals Moisture Infusion
• Dr. Brandt Blemishes No More Oil-Free Hydrator
• DDF Ultra Lite Oil Free Moisturizing Dew
• Avon Anew Rejuvenate Night Sapphire Emulsion
• Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream
• Epicuren Moisture Surge Hyaluronic Acid Gel
• Peter Thomas Roth VIZ-1000
• If your night cream is marvelous at moisturizing, but isn’t up to the job of fading brown splotches and reducing lines and wrinkles
• You can pat on an anti-aging serum prior to applying your moisturizer.
• MD Formulations Continuous Renewal Serum
• Olay Regenerist Fragrance-Free Regenerating Serum
• Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector