- Skin Care
Friday, July 02, 2010
My Everyday Favorite, Go-To Products
It's been a really long time since I shared my "go-to" products with everyone. These are the things that I reach for in between product testings or when I'm having problems with new products. These are the ones I trust to set things back to "right" for me. You'll notice that some typical categories (such as body wash) are missing. That means I don't have 1 product I run back to over and over again.
In the Shower
• ABBA Pure Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner: I recently repurchased these at an ULTA Liter Sale. I wanted something that smelled fresh, was hydrating and safe for my color treated hair. Mission accomplished.
• Gillette Venus Embrace: Overall this razor definitely gives me the smoothest shave. Plus, I can restock at Sam's Club.
• Skintimate Shave Gel
• Cetaphil Cream: I try other lotions and creams, but the truth is that this cream (applied immediately after patting dry, before I even leave the shower) is the best one for keeping my skin hydrated and the ezcema under control.
• Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer, SPF 15: No surprise here since I talk about this product all the time! I'm in serious love.
• Milk of Magnesia: Combats the shininess
• Cover Girl LashBlast Fusion
• Shu Uemura Pro Concealer: The most pigmented concealer I've found that can also blend well. I'm afraid it might be on its way out though, I only see 4 shades available on their website.
• Almay Pressed Powder: I don't do well with loose powders (they end up all over the bathroom rather than on my face), and I've had some great luck with this one. It matches my complexion well and doesn't look all powdery on me.
• Moroccan Oil: I use a small amount of this every day on the tips on my hair before I dry it. I swear it keeps away the split ends and frizzies.
• Redken Guts 10 Spray: I little of this in my roots and any concerns about volume are gone all day. It also has a bit of hold, so if I decide to curl my hair, things will actually hold all day.
• Maximum Lash: Ok, so I have not lived up to my promise of weekly updates (I couldn't stomach showing off my eyes with no makeup every week!), but I have been using this nightly and my lashes are most definitely much longer. I promise to take pictures and update soon, but this stuff really did work, and it's half the price of most other lash conditioners. Love!
• Elizabeth Arden's Intervene Line: This is my go-to nightly anti-aging routine. It varies a bit depending on the time of year. I use eye cream and night cream in the winter when my skin can use (and better tolerate) the extra moisture. This summer I'm using just the serum all over, including in my eye area.
Most of this stuff I've received samples of in the past, but I've bought all of it over again at least once (or twenty!) times.