Products I'm CovetingSunday, May 02, 2010
I'm not quite sure how my poor husband puts up with me. I spend a good portion of my time thinking about, reading about or shopping for new beauty products.
I make him roam the cosmetics at department stores. He hangs out in the mall while I lose track of time for an hour (or more) in Sephora. On a recent trip I abandoned him in the terminal no less than three times to check out the beauty selection at different Duty Free shops. He just allows me to do it.
All that and there are still items I would love to get my little hands on to try out. Here's a list of them.
1. NARS Pure Sheer SPF Lip Treatment: It sounds amazing. A sheer hydrating lip tint, with SPF?? And it's made by NARS? Sign me up! I'm looking at maybe trying out Greta or Lara.
2. Laura Mercier Secret Finish- Mattifying: I love Secret Finish. It's amazing- a little over your makeup makes everything look like it isn't makeup. I used it for my wedding, and a few special occasions since then, and the difference it makes is just fantastic. Unfortunately, I've never used it for every day since I tend to be a bit shiny. Laura has finally come out with it in a Mattifying version.
3. Bobbi Brown Cabana Coral Palette: Coral isn't a color that I usually gravitate towards with my cool toned coloring. But, these corals are somehow neutral and look perfect for adding a bit of a sun kissed look for even pale girls like me.
4. L'Oreal Paris Lash Boosting Serum: I've used lash products in the past with mixed results, I'm interested in checking out what this mass market giant has come up with. I love that it's about 1/4 the price of similar products, and the fact that it comes from L'Oreal.... Not that smaller brands won't come up with great things, but in general larger brands have a lot more money and resources to come up with great products. On my shopping list.
5. Stila Earth Day Sunset Palette: Need I say more? These colors look pretty universal in their flattering ability, not to mention that they will work for all sorts of looks.