Thinking about Spring 2010...Sunday, March 14, 2010
I've been thinking more and more about Spring. I think it's the fact that it is no longer snowing many feet a day in this midwestern college town. It's been over freezing for several days in a row and I have hope for leaves and flowers soon! Which means that Spring clothes have been in stores for about... 2 months now (why do they put them out right after Christmas! I beg you retailers to stop this madness!), and most of what I want to buy is likely sold out. I will have to cope I suppose.
This spring I have decided that I want a more fresh and polished look. I've started looking for style gurus, and I've found three.
The first is Tiffany over at iamstyle-ish.com who manages to always look cute and wear a lot of skirts and heels! The girl lives in Seattle. If she can do it, I can do it. And it will make my husband happy, he misses my days of wearing dresses and skirts all the time.
The second is Olivia Palermo, who is apparently on some MTV show. I honestly have no clue. I read a great post on Olivia's style over at The Dishy Decorator and I can see why she was featured! Her style is not fussy, is definitely up to date and has just enough of a twist to make her interesting.
The third style guru (which really surprised me) is actually Gwyneth. Yes, surprising, I know. Really, I found a link to her newsletter somewhere online and her spring fashion email is fantastic. I love how they took Elle Spring Looks and translated them to real life. And notice... what... is that... an H&M dress included in the mix? Granted it's been a while since I cracked open an Elle (and I was even subscribing to it until a few months ago, it arrived and I ignored it), but if they are doing features like this in each issue I would start reading it again.
Items that are on my Spring 2010 shopping list:
- Baggy boyfriend khakis to wear rolled up like capris
- A fun and pretty spring trench coat (meaning, not my black one)
- A couple of great dresses for day
- Skirts in all shapes and colors. I want pencils skirts, bubble skirts and full skirts in solids and pretty prints.
- A few loose and pretty blouses
- A pair of strappy nude colored high heeled sandals
- A satchel purse. Whenever I look at them I think of my friend Henna over at Canadian Beauty. We were shopping this fall in SoHo and she declared "This fall is all about the Satchel" and then she bought an amazing one. I waffled and didn't. I wish I had.
What are you shopping for this spring? I'll be sharing some of my picks from my favorite stores over the next week or two. Let me know what you've found!
Images: Banana Republic, J Crew, Ann Taylor Loft
I have received a free scarf and bracelet from Loft.