Well, I thought I’d take a few laps through my giant backlogs of email (It’s rather impressive how many thousands of emails I have managed to fully ignore in my inbox) and pull up a few looks that might help everyone out! For the next month or so I’ll be showcasing a different look a day about 3-4 times week. It might be hair, it might be makeup. It might be from a runway show or a Hollywood event. Somewhere a pro took time to send me a pic and instructions on how to achieve the look at home. While I’m doing this for the girls preparing for prom, these looks would work just as well for another event, like a wedding. There will even be a few contests included in these posts, so be prepared!
As always, remember that these looks are a “jumping off point” meaning you can use them as inspiration to recreate the look on your own, use elements of the look (maybe you really love the cheek but not the eye) and that even the colors are just suggestions. If they used a rose colored blush but you already have one from a different brand or in a slightly different shade don’t feel you need to rush out and buy the recommended one.
This first look is a tad more daring than the “traditional” prom look. I think this would be perfect for the girl with just a tad bit of color, whether that is a tan or just a darker skin tone it doesn’t matter. A light shimmery gold lip gloss would be a substitution in this look, as I think a more dramatic lippie is likely in order.
Source: Thakoon, Spring/Summer 2010
Created by: Diane Kendal for NARS Cosmetics
• Apply NARS Sheer Matte Foundation to conceal imperfections
• To achieve luminosity, apply NARS Orgasm Illuminator (Spring 2010) to the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin
• To contour and sculpt the cheeks, apply NARS Malaysia Multiple Bronzer and blend into the cheek bones
• Highlight the cheekbones and nose with the white side of NARS Hungry Heart Blush Duo
• Apply the brown side of NARS Alhambra Duo Eyeshadow on the entire eyelid up to the brows
• Blend both NARS D. Gorgeous Single Eyeshadow (Spring 2010) as well as the light pink side of NARS Kuala Lumpur Duo Eyeshadow (Spring 2010) into the crease, outer eye and up towards the brow bone.
• Apply NARS Bali Single Eyeshadow to the upper and lower lash lines as well as to the crease in the eyelid, blending with the other shadows to create definition.
• Dust NARS Night Snow Single Eyeshadow in the corners of the eyes
• Mute lips by using NARS Concealer
• With your finger, apply NARS Ophelia Lip Gloss (Spring 2010) to the center of lips