Phillip Lim Spring 2010 LookTuesday, September 29, 2009
Phillip Lim's collection was inspired by the late works of Picasso and the Cubism period. For me the look was about the bronze lids with perfect skin, nude lips and check out the hair! I love the side buns. Very chic and understated.
This look was created by Lisa Butler for NARS Cosmetics and has a lot of different textures in the look: Matte, Sheer, iridescent shimmer.... Over all it's a look I love. They did use a lot of unreleased items to create the look, so I'll be coming back to this in the spring.
• Mix a small amount of NARS Concealer with NARS Hydrating Moisture Cream to apply just around the nose forehead and cheeks
• Blend NARS Luxor Multiple (NEW for Holiday 2009) with a foundation brush to the cheekbone moving down diagonally toward the lips and adding a little bit onto the lips for subtle highlights
• Apply the golden moss side of NARS Camargue Duo Eyeshadow (NEW for Spring 2010) all over the eye filling in the crease with the sienna side
• Depending on skin tone, apply NARS Mousson Cream Eyesahdow (NEW for Holiday 2009) to adjust the color on the lid
• Using a NARS Smudge Brush apply D.Gorgeous Eyeshadow (NEW for Spring 2010) to the lower lash line adding intensity as need be (“It’s not a heavy liner, but it shows some color,” explained Lisa Butler)
• Apply one coat of NARS Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara to the top lashes
• Add a swipe of NARS Cruising Lipstick (NEW for Spring 2010) and some NARS Luxor Multiple (NEW for Holiday 2009) to a NARS Retractable Lip Brush and dab lightly onto the lips starting in the middle and working your way out
• Apply NARS Orgasm Illuminator (NEW for Spring 2010) to the face, concentrating on the cheekbones
• Reapply both shades from NARS Camargue Duo Eyeshadow to the brow bones