Marchesa Spring 2010 LookFriday, September 18, 2009
The inspiration behind the collection actually came from Madame Butterfly. “I wanted to capture the real look of Japan, create layers and bits of origami,” said designer Georgina Chapman.
But, looking at pictures of the Spring Marchesa show makes me want to go back to first grade and rethink my decision to quit ballet classes (really, it was for the best, I'm a huge klutz). For me this show was all about the tight, high ballet bun paired with fresh glowing skin and the emphasis on a big eye (made a little ethereal with the feathered lashes).
Very simple, romantic and beautiful skin was the focus at Marchesa. Matte skin with a bit of shimmer to highlight the structure of the face was accented by custom created feathered lashes.
“We contoured the skin with matte and shimmery textures and added feathers to the eyes to provide dimension to the face,”
-lead artist Talia Shobrook for NARS
• Mix NARS Sheer Matte Foundation with NARS Orgasm Illuminator (Spring 2010) and gently blend all over the face
• Apply NARS Concealer under the eyes and only where redness shows
• Using fingers, apply NARS Luxor Multiple (Holiday 2009) across the cheekbone
• Apply NARS Powder Foundation under the eyes and to the center of forehead
• With a NARS Yachiyo Kabuki Artisan Brush contour the cheeks with NARS Nepal Single Eyeshadow
• Apply a mixture of both shadows from NARS Thebes Cream Duo Eyeshadow on the cheekbones, bridge of nose and on the upper temples
• Apply NARS Abyssinia Single Eyeshadow all over the eye up to the brow
• Line the top lashline, as well as the lower lash line, with NARS Iceberg Eyeliner Pencil
• Curl lashes with a NARS Eyelash Curler
• Apply one light coat of NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara on the top lashes, only
• Using clear eyelash glue, apply NARS custom-made feather lashes
• Apply NARS Cruising Lipstick (Spring 2010) with fingers to the lips
-Renato Campora, lead stylist for Frédéric Fekkai
Mix Fekkai COIFF™ Extra Control Styling Gel with the Fekkai COIFF™ Strong Hold Volume Mousse to slick hair into a ponytail in the middle of the back of the head. Wrap the ponytail into a tight bun. The look was completed with Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream for added shine and brilliance.