Fall Shopping 2009 at Neiman MarcusTuesday, September 29, 2009
Honestly, Neiman's is a store I don't often shop at. They tend to be out of my price range, though I like their mix of classic and trendy styles! Now that I have a "real" job hopefully I'll get to actually use the Neiman's card on occasion!
This season I found a lot of great options at Neiman's. Read on to see what I loved!
1. Anne Klein Embroidered Skirt Dress: I love everything about this dress. From the detail work on the skirt itself to the pleating around the neckline, perfect!
2. Abstract-Print Tunic by T-Bags: I'm not usually a fan of prints, but the draping of the fabric on this shirt is what really caught my eye. The print isn't too busy, but is colorful. It would be perfect for work!
3. White + Warren Cashmere Cable Cardigan: It looks cozy but the cable knit is a bit different than other sweaters this fall.
4. Melissa Masse Tapestry Sweater Dress: This dress just looks incredibly cozy and would be perfect with long leggings and boots.
5. Vince Metallic Skirt: I love the metallic finish on this black skirt. As well the knife pleats in the front make it almost a tulip skirt.
6. Gathered Top: I think this would work great with either pants or a pencil skirt.
7. Milly Leather Riding Jacket: This coat definitely follows this fall's motorcycle jacket trend, but doesn't seem quite as harsh. I think you could throw it over almost everything and it would look perfect.
1. Juicy Couture Seneca Denim Leggings: I admit that I was initially very, very resistant to leggings. I would wear them with a dress, but that's about it. But, lately I seem to be more open to the idea, especially after going to NYC a few weeks ago. Leggings were everywhere. They looked great even without a dress (a long top works great, and if you have the body for it go ahead and wear a shorter top. I won't be joining you though). I love them with my ballet flats, open toed platform pumps and they are perfect to go under tall boots. Denim leggings are hard to find, and these ones look perfect!
2. Micro Tweed Skirt: Another pleated pencil skirt, this one is a bit looser (more flattering for girls with curves, like me) and is a bit longer. The extra length makes it easier to wear to work and other events.
3. Juicy Couture Draped Cardigan: I love the color and length of this draped cardigan. While it's pictured on the Neiman's site, it no longer seems to be available on-line, so you may need to hunt it down in store.
4. Vince Leather Biker Jacket: Another biker jacket, but with toned down accents (can't see the zipper, can you?). The stitching on the front is a great detail, but not too overdone.
5. M Missoni Zigzag Dress: I love the fuller skirt and short 3/4 length sleeves. This would work most of the year, depending on what you wore it with.