Fall Shopping 2009 at Eddie BauerMonday, September 28, 2009
I had promised to share my finds for Fall 2009 with you, and here I've been doing shopping (not a lot yet, but I'm working on it!), but I haven't been sharing!
So, over the next 1-2 weeks I'll show you what I've been looking at from my favorite stores. Let me know what you think, and if you've found anything great as well!
The first stop was a little bit surprising to me because while my husband frequently shops there, I rarely find much. Eddie Bauer. Really. I got a catalog in the mail and was told to look at it by him, as he thought there was a lot in it that was perfect for me. I think I dog earred about half of the catalog! I've made some purchases already, I'm waiting a few weeks now for more to arrive in store.
1. Wool Blend Coat: I'm in love with the collar on this coat! I'm in need of a new wool coat, and this is definitely the one I want to order. I'll likely get it in black and accent it with a brightly colored pashmina scarf (I bought a few for $5 each from street vendors in NYC a few weeks ago).
2. Wool-Blend Blazer: The blazer is back in a big way this fall. Whether you chose a black basic one to go with everything (perfect over a summer dress with tights to help transition to fall) or go luxe with velvet you'll want to make sure it is a bit "shrunken", hits at your hip and is fitted through the waist. This wool blazer from Eddie Bauer isn't "sleek" but I think it's likely something that would be more versatile for during the day. I can really see this with jeans and riding boots.
3. Open Front Cardigan: I hope you have a shawl collar sweater by now. If not, I've seen this one in person and it is a great value! The sweater is a light-medium weight and feels great. Perfect for a cozy winter day or a day at work.
4. Buckle-Toe Flat: I seem to be buying (or almost buying) everything in purple this season. I'm a sucker for cute buckle flats, but when they come in purple suede... I DIE!
5. Pintuck Shirt: I bought this shirt in a blue stripe, and it's a great alternative to a regular button down.
6. Le Chameau Iris Wellie: Now, keep in mind that I'm likely obsessing over wellies because until about 3 days ago my yard was just mud (we've since been hydroseeded, grass is near!). In addition, I saw some super cute wellies at Marc Jacobs in SoHo, but they had just sold out of my size. And a size bigger. But, these wellies are likely even better for me, as they are more classic and less, well, neon. I love that they are metallic neutrals and wouldn't they be great over jeans with that wool blazer?