Fall Shopping 2009 at Banana RepublicWednesday, September 30, 2009
This fall Banana Republic seems to be all about draping and pleating. A little bit more lady like than they usually are. This is great for me (I see a lot I can wear to work), but I do wish the casual clothes had a bigger selection.
I'd shop at Banana very frequently this fall, they seem to be going crazy with sales!
1. Cap-sleeve pintucked top: This top looks plain and very basic, but I do think the pintucking detail at the sleeve and neckline really dresses it up. I also love the drape of the silk here.
2. Tiered mini dress: I'm not sure that I have an event to wear this to, but I may need to create one.
3. Jackson plaid flannel trouser: I love the fit of BR's Jackson pants. This is the fit for you if you are at all curvy. I'm thin, but I definitely have hips, and these are very flattering. The tall is just right for me to wear with heels.
4. Flannel Grey Military Jacket: A bit edgier than a plain blazer, but perfect for this fall.
5. Flutter-Sleeve Pleated Dress: I'm much more likely to find an event to wear this dress to. It looks dressy but is demure enough to wear to a work event.
6. Tulip Skirt: BR has 2 tulip skirts this season, and they are not the tulip skirts of yore. Previously they were even harder to wear than a pencil skirt, and they looked good only on model thin girls. (I've been back stage at fashion week now and I can honestly say you do not want to be that thin, it's a bit scary) These new tulip skirts are popping up now, and I need to snatch a few up. To me they are the alternative to a pencil skirt, meaning they are definitely appropriate for many occasions and very versatile, but somehow they are a bit more offbeat. The new tulip skirt cuts also seem to be a bit more friendly to those of us with hips. I need one in black, one in grey....
7. Pearl Braid Necklace: The statement necklace is chunkier this season, and I love this one. Pearls, chains, ribbon.... I think it could work easily for day or night.