Christian Siriano Spring 2010 LookFriday, September 25, 2009
I'm betting that about 90% of my readers are as big fans as I am of Christian Siriano. His fierceness definitely kept me entertained while he was on Project Runway, and I was happy to see that he was not only showing at Fashion Week, but has also come out with his own line of makeup with Victoria's Secret!
Read on to see what his models looked like on the runway.
Antoinette Beenders (Vice President Global Creative Director for Aveda) created a low, sleek ponytail that had a lot of textured waves pinned above it in a play on texture. I think the look is sleek but with attitude, definitely fitting for Christian! Check out the Aveda Backstage Video for more Christian.
• Create a deep side part. Draw a horseshoe-shaped section of hair along the top of the head, from each brow-line. Isolate this section of hair and pin in place with a single-pronged hair clip.
• Pull the bottom half of hair into a ponytail and secure with a bungee elastic. Divide ponytail into sections with fingers and spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray for workable hold.
• Use a flat iron to straighten the ponytail section by section, creating a smooth, sleek finish.
• Unclip the top section of hair and comb it back and over the ponytail. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion and massage into hair to create volume and matte, rough texture.
• Working with the same top section, divide hair into smaller pieces and spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray. Wrap each piece of hair around a ceramic Curl Rod, creating spirals, until the entire top section of hair has been curled.
• Brush through spirals, loosening curls into soft waves. Loosely backcomb waves to create fullness, volume and texture, and shorten the length of hair.
• Pin the sides and ends of wavy hair against the head, close to the base of the ponytail. Hair is sculpted into a voluminous, undulating chignon adorning the ponytail.
• Work Aveda Light Elements Texturizing Creme into palms. Smooth hair along the sides of the head and above the ears to create a sleekness and shine.
• Finish the look with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray for shine and hold.
To make a more sleek version of this hair style that would be easier for real life, Antoinette Beenders says you can easily adapt the style. “This is an elegant, alternative version of the ponytail—beautiful for evening. Using a fine comb, separate the front/top of hair and part it into a horseshoe shaped section on the top of the head. Tie the rest of hair into a low ponytail. Rake the front/top of hair back with Aveda Light Elements Texturizing Creme, and curl with a curling rod. Brush through curls and backcomb slightly, then pin teased hair to the base of the ponytail, creating loose, textured waves. Finish look with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray.”
The runway look was created by Victoria's Secret Lead Makeup Artist Polly Osmond to complement the reds and oranges and deep oceanic blues featured in Christian's collection.
Face: VS Makeup Soft Focus Liquid Foundation and VS Makeup Bronzer/Highlighter Trio on your cheeks.
Eyes: VS Makeup Silky Eye Shadow in Pose, VS Makeup Lustre Eye Shadow in Champaign and VS Makeup Sparkle Eye Shadow in Provocateur were blended on the lid. Line the eyes using VS Makeup Liner in Bright and finish with VS Makeup High-Definition Mascara in Blackest Black.
Lips: Finish the look with applying concealer to the lips and then a thin layer of VS Makeup Lipgloss in True.
Images: Jon Gurinsky via Aveda