Can a Hair Dryer Give You Instant Beachy Waves?

remington, hair dryer, waves, wave, curl, hair
Have you seen this blow dryer yet?

Available at pretty much every drug store or big box store, this is a pretty unique blow dryer actually spins your hair around as it dries, creating waves. (See? That’s my newly darker hair spinning around). The process does take a while. It takes a few minutes per “chunk” of hair, and the results are best if you use about 1″ pieces at a time. Simply drop them into the chute and let it spin until mostly dry. My entire head takes about 15-20 minutes.

The end result is hair that looks like this. In person, it really looks like very loose dread locks almost. I let it finish drying on it’s own, then finger comb through my hair. The result really is beachy waves that look fantastic and last for a long time!

While the initial time investment (15-20 minutes) is well over my normal time allotment in the morning to style my hair, I do like the results. I’ve been doing this on the weekends or if I have something I’d like wavy hair for.

Remington Emi Airwave: Dryer with Wave Attachment

1. February 25, 2009 / 3:03 pm

Excellent posting!!!
    Congratulations!!!!

2. February 25, 2009 / 4:18 pm

Thanks for posting about this! Your pictures are great – I have been pondering getting one of these dryers, but wondered what the end result actually looked like. Do you think it would work on shoulder lenth hair?

3. February 25, 2009 / 6:35 pm

Wow this is cool! Did your hair stay like this all day? My hair is straight and doesn’t hold any curl. I wonder if this will work for me?

4. February 25, 2009 / 6:58 pm

Wow, I’ve never seen this, but I like the idea. I may have to give this a try..Thanks!

5. February 25, 2009 / 6:58 pm

February 25, 2009 / 7:51 pm

is your hair naturally straight? Do you apply a particular product to make the waves hold?

7. February 26, 2009 / 3:41 am

That’s the weirdest hairdryer I’ve ever seen but the results are fantastic.

8. February 26, 2009 / 6:12 am

wow! I am intrigued! i may have to try this out myself. very cool.

9. February 26, 2009 / 10:33 am

Vau, that looks fantastic. Hope we have something like this in Slovenia.
    Remington you said? That should be in our stores.

Thank you! Like your blog a lot!

10. MeHereNow
    February 26, 2009 / 3:03 pm

I have this thing! It’s awsome! Works good on med-length hair too.

11. February 26, 2009 / 10:07 pm

Wow! That looks rad! If my hair were longer, I’d totally buy one of these! What a cool idea. 🙂

12. February 27, 2009 / 2:12 am

i wonder how well this works for normally curly hair? i’m a curly-haired girl, but my hair never looks beachy.

13. February 27, 2009 / 7:55 pm

I just picked up curlers…an item that I’ve avoided since highschool but I love the loose curl look. This looks really interesting! Although, for me as well…it could only be for the weekends since I love to sleep in as much as possible during the work week. Thanks for posting about this!

14. February 28, 2009 / 4:30 pm

Wow, I love the idea of this dryer! I’m going to try it out, I like the “beachy hair” look as well..
    Thanks for posting, love ur blog!

15. February 28, 2009 / 6:54 pm

That is the coolest thing I’ve seen…why didnt I think of that?!

March 1, 2009 / 12:23 am

Have you used this dryer without the attachment? How did you like it?
    I have sort of wavy hair that I try to make curly with my diffuser, wondering if this might work better to boost the wave?

17. March 1, 2009 / 10:59 am

Good product it seems,but is that really like what you say..

March 1, 2009 / 8:23 pm

This is intriguing. I don’t blow dry my hair because hairdryers straighten it. I prefer the wavy look my hair gets when I air dry it. On cold winter mornings, though, wet hair causes me to freeze over! (Yes, I’m too vain.) Do you have a picture of the totally finished hair, after it’s dried and you’ve finger combed it?

19. March 2, 2009 / 2:33 am

WOW!!! So pretty. 20 minutes does seem like a lot but, just back from the beach waves are totally worth it.

20. March 2, 2009 / 6:08 pm

I’d love to see what your hair looks like after the finger comb.

21. March 4, 2009 / 5:42 am

I’d love to see a photo of you after you’ve combed it through. Really interesting product. Will have to look it up.

22. March 16, 2009 / 2:56 am

I need this blow dryer!

23. March 31, 2009 / 3:26 pm

Oh my gosh that is completely amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing this!

24. June 2, 2010 / 2:07 am

Love this hair dryer. I like to wear it not even combed though, but take smaller chunks and only drop about half the hair shaft down the dryer, so that the top of my hair dries mostly straight and then curls around my ear and down. It's more waves than curls but I really like it. And this allows me to cut down on the drying time to about 10-15 minutes since the top of my hair's still mostly damp and I just let it air dry