Post-Holiday Beauty Bargain CrazinessTuesday, December 30, 2008
Obviously I haven't been blogging as much since Christmas. I've been busy at work, with family and also enjoying my Christmas presents (hello, Kindle!).
Another thing that I've been doing a lot of is taking advantage of post-Christmas shopping. I've bought some great cashmere sweaters (check out the Sutton line over at Bloomies, they're great and super cheap right now), books (for my Kindle) and I've been really eyeing a lot of the beauty bargains out there right now.
Where are they?
• Well, at Bobbi Brown counters you can still buy much of her holiday collection at 25% off. You can also find it on-line at Nordstrom, but Bloomingdales has a much better selection.
• At Smashbox the code HOLIDAY08 will get you 25% off an order of $100
• Nordstrom not only has those great deals on Bobbi Brown, but also some great discounts on Laura Mercier Holiday Items. I'm still thinking about picking up the Celestial Nights palette.
• You can also pick up the Laura Mercier Holiday Sets for 25% off at LauraMercier.com
• The Saks Exclusive Laura Mercier Sensual Metals Palettes are also 25% off! They look just amazing, these are palettes that you'll reach for over and over. These are already sitting in my cart, and my fingers are itching to check out!
• Bloomies also has some MAC Holiday left, 25% off. I like the brushes a lot for travel. True, they are not quite the same high quality as their "normal" counterparts (the bristles are a bit different), but they are still very high quality and perfect for on-the-go. I love my cool eyes palette, the warm and classic eyes are available here.
• Perhaps the biggest sale of all is going on over at Sephora! They are offering up to 75% off some great products. Literally, hundreds of items are up for sale. Above you can see what I've put in my cart so far, though I'll likely be heading in to the store to purchase these items.
Yes, it is true it seems, Vincent Longo will no longer be carried by the store. The entire line is 50% off, so if you were thinking of trying out the Liquid Canvas foundation, run in now to color match yourself!
As well, a huge selection of Cargo lip gloss tins are on sale. These things are difficult to open, but the gloss inside is great (very shiny, long lasting but it is a bit sticky), and the tins are the size of bread plates.
• ULTA is also having a massive sale. You can even get 20% off a single item using the code 86173.
• I haven't been in store yet, but I've heard that Bath and Body Works is having an amazing sale as well! If you're lucky enough to be near a flagship store they also are liquidating their Vincent Longo products, and depending on the location the entire line is 50-75% off.