So, I'm once again out of town for a few days. This time I got to bring my husband with me, so I'm happy! But, I'm incredibly tired after leaving So Cal so early Thursday morning.
Before I left town I did make it to the mall, where I bought Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes Mascara at Sephora, which included getting a 5 minute instructional lesson from the SA at the counter on how to get great results from the mascara! While she wasn't able to find my Sephora Insider's Membership in the computer (serves me right for leaving my card at home on the counter), she told me to bring my receipt in next time for credit and then gave me an amazing Lorac Eye Shadow sample for my trouble. I love great customer service!
I picked up the new Lancome Oscillation Mascara at Bloomies in South Coast Plaza. They only received 45 tubes apparently, but if you bought one and then pre-bought a second tube you were then eligible to buy some giant makeup collection. Seriously, it was huge. It had a full sized eye makeup remover, 4 or 5 lip sticks, eye shadows, and I'm not even mentioning all the mascara, mascara primer, blush and full sized brushes. I resisted the urge, though really it would have been better for my sister anyways. I did get a great gift with purchase myself anyways! My favorite part of it was the small travel sized eye makeup remover, which will be my new favorite travel buddy.
Speaking of free gifts, I got an amazing box from Clinique in the mail the other day. It's their special gift with purchase that will be available in early November only at Nordstrom. I think it's one of those things where you spend a certain amount and then buy this one for $25. It has a fantastic cosmetic bag from Trina Turk and a lot of product. But, really I'm in love with the bag. I may need to buy a second one in November! I'll try to scan in the image they sent of the set with more info on it as the release date nears.
While at Sephora I bought a tube of Clarins Thirst Quenching Hydra-Care Mask, which I vowed to bring with me on travel after Rose-Marie showed me how amazing it was during my visit to Clarins. While talking about some of their products, this Clarins Exec (she's amazing, truly) took this hydrating mask and massaged it into the hands of all the bloggers herself. It feels like incredibly rich cream. You can wipe and then rinse it off if you'll be applying makeup, but if you're lucky enough to be just at home or going to bed you can just massage it in for more hydration. I vowed to buy it for travel, and it's here with me right now! After spending all day in the air (I'm writing this Thursday night for you to read Friday morning), my skin was incredibly dry and horrible feeling. If I looked closely at it I thought I looked a bit scaly actually. But, I applied a very light layer and then rubbed it into my skin about 5 minutes later. Amazing! I am now much more hydrated and my skin feels comfortable again. In the words of Rachel Zoe, "I die!"
The one item I really regretted not buying in Paris was a bottle of Elnet Hairspray, which I've always heard is amazing. I actually only found it once, and it was a HUGE bottle for about 18 euros. I wanted a much smaller bottle, so I decided to look some more. Well, I never did find that smaller bottle. But, good news! The mythic hairspray is finally going to be available in the US! It will be coming to Target soon! There are some minor variations in formula, and something tells me that while people like Garren will say it's not as good as the original, the rest of us mere mortals won't know the difference.
Finally, I don't tend to repurchase many items these days. Here are the ones that made the cut recently:
• Dove Go Fresh Body Wash
• Cover Girl Aquasmooth Compact Foundation
• Cetaphil Cream, purchased in several massive tubs from Costco to help me combat our super low humidity levels in So Cal
• Lancome Eye Makeup Remover
Things I'm testing now include:
• 2 great fragrances, 1 from Ralph and 1 from Elizabeth Arden
• A DDF day lotion with SPF 15
• I actually have an Olay Ribbons body wash that I like (amazing since I was so dead set against it with the first formulation)
• Neutrogena Volumizing Mascara
• The Shampoo & Conditioner duo from AG Hair for colored hair is amazing. My hair is perfect, everyone is asking if I just got it done (I didn't) or telling me that it looks great (which it does). It's made my hair much more wash and wear (no need for my iron now), my hair is incredibly soft and it smells like citrus! I have a new favorite.
• I just got a bunch of the new MAC holiday sets, will set to work swatching soon! The set with small pigments is fantastic, I love my cool eyes already and the lippie in the Roses set is to die for! If you're in need of brushes then now is the time! I love these holiday sets, they are a great way to introduce yourself to pro brushes!
• I have a Pat Wexler day cream with SPF 30 that I need to write up. Just waiting for word on more of the ingredients and the product release. You'll love it!
• I just got Ansr in the mail, which I'm interested in trying out. This LED comes with a few treatment products, but in theory it's the light that helps you fight acne. There will likely also be a giveaway associated with my review, so stay tuned!