Cult Of Cherries Tempting Quad: Oh Yes, It Really Is That GoodSunday, August 17, 2008
Recently I shared early release photos of MAC's Cult of Cherry Collection, which looked almost too good to be true! While the collection isn't due out until sometime in September, I did get a few pieces of the collection early. I'll be sharing more pictures with you over time, but I had to share this quad first!
It's a bit hard to see all four colors on my arm (click to enlarge), this picture is actually pretty close to real life.
Tempting Quad (colors are in order on my arm)
• Next to Nothing: Sheer yellow beige with pink pearl (frost)
• Tempting: Rich coco (lustre)
• Sharp: Frosty bright yellow gold (satin)
• Dark Edge: Dirty chocolate brown (satin)
Surprisingly enough all of these colors are incredibly flattering with my brown eyes, even the bright green of Sharp (really, it's much more a bright pea green in person than of a bright yellow gold).
• Next to Nothing has just enough shimmer to make it interesting, I'm really loving using it all over my brow bone.
• Tempting is a beautiful brown with gold shimmer that MAC describes as "sinfully rich" on their website. I'm already starting to use this one every day, I think I may need to just but the regular sized pot of shadow before I use it up in the palette.
• Sharp is a bright pea green color with just a hint of brown. While I wouldn't use this all over my entire lid (I'm a bit too boring for that) I definitely like using this as an accent on part of my lid or underneath my eye. Really, it works very well!
• Dark Edge is a dark brown that is buildable in coverage and almost matte. I like using it on my lash line over liner and smudging up with a finger tip for a light slightly smokey eye that I can wear every day.