MAC's New Lustre Twins!Thursday, July 31, 2008
Today yet another collection has been released by MAC, and you will definitely want to head down to your local MAC counter to check this one out. Lustre Twins is a collection of lip colors and nail lacquers with unique sheens and great colors!
If you have never tried MAC's Pro Longwear Lipcolour, then this is a great way to do so! Similar to other long wearing lip colours from Cover Girl, Max Factor and L'Oreal, this is a 2 step process. You apply the base coat, let dry and then use the top coat. MAC has a huge selection of colors, wears great and they even sell extra top coats for when you run out (like I always do).
What makes the MAC lip product different from other brands is the range of colors. The new Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolours are a sheer to medium coverage product, which is definitely different from the more traditional heavy coverage lip products. The colors are absolutely beautiful (click to enlarge), and even the top coats have their own great colors!
• Pink Air/White Top: Lustre Light pink with pearl, Top Coat Clear white with red and pink (lustre)
• Ripe and Ready/Soft and Lush: Lustre Clean bright pink coral with gold pearl, Top Coat Yellow pink with gold pearl (lustre)
• Custom Rose/Pink Virtue: Lustre Berry plum with pearl, Top Coat Light blue pink with silver pearl (lustre)
• Gypsy Rose/Shimmer It: Lustre Berry red with gold pearl, Top Coat White gold with multicoloured pearl (lustre)
• Boss and Ready/Slave to Pink: Lustre Chocolate bronze with pearl, Top Coat Champagne neutral with pearl (lustre)
• Red Flame/Orange Flicker: Lustre Intense bright yellow red, Top Coat Bright yellow red with gold pearl (lustre)
• Red Reflection/Mirror: Lustre Deep berry magenta with pearl, Top Coat Clear with white pearl (lustre)
• Coco Lust/Sweet Sexy: Lustre Deep red brown, Top Coat Copper brown with gold pearl (lustre)
• Alta Moda/Hip Love: Lustre Deep blackend red, Top Coat Deep plum with red pearl
The Lustre Twins Nail Lacquers are just beautiful! Check out the image of the colors here (click to enlarge), but you can get a better idea of the finish of the silver in the image at the very top.
• $$$$$ Yes: Mettallic silver foil
• Perplexing: Deep blue purple
• Firehouse: Clean bright chrome red
MAC Lustre Twins- Available today at MAC counters and on-line