Dr. Wexler has appeared in pretty much every beauty magazine available in the US, hardly a month goes by without a quote from her in my beauty bible, Allure. She’s even developed her own skin care line (available nationwide at Bath and Body Works and on QVC) with revolutionary ingredients like MMPi’s (they stop skin from being broken down basically). She’s a huge proponent of sun screen, and I really think of her all covered up on the beach (as in this NY Times article) when I pick out my sunscreen for vacations (this prompts me to buy SPF 70 instead of SPF 30, not to mention my tunic cover-up).
In our 20’s, sun exposure may have already caused freckling, pigmentation and fine lines most obviously around the eyes.
• Tip: A good skincare regimen including daily exfoliation and moisturizing with an SPF of 30 will ensure youthful skin and thwart wrinkles from developing.
Try: Patricia Wexler, M.D. Dermatology Universal Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF30
• Tip: Use at least one anti-aging product to prevent further damage to collagen and elastic tissue.
Try: Patricia Wexler, M.D. Dermatology Universal Anti-Aging Cleanser
In our 30’s, etched lines become more exaggerated especially around the eyes, and forehead. Stress and hormone manipulation may require adult acne relief. Men are particularly prone to follculitius of the beard, which can be treated with topical salicylic acid, exfoliation, and topical antibiotics.
• Tip: Avoid smoking, wear large sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection to protect the delicate eye area.
Try: Patricia Wexler M.D. Dermatology Intensive 3-in-1 Eye Cream
• Tip: Use antibacterial but not drying solutions. It is vital to incorporate your acne regimen into your anti-aging routine.
Try: Patricia Wexler M.D. Acnescription Exfoliating Acne Cleanser and Overnight Acne Repair Lotion
In our 40’s, lines previously only seen with movement become visible at rest.
• Tip: Use products that contain peptides for immediate relaxation of lines while promoting long term collagen and elastic stimulation. In addition, line fillers containing dermaxyl and polysilicone will give immediate improvement in the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Try: Patrica Wexler M.D. Dermatology Fastscription No-Injection Line Filler for Lips and Eyes
• Tip: Pigmentation and dull sun damaged skin can be treated with glycolic peels, micro dermabrasion, and skin brightening moisturizers with peptides like Haloxyl and botanical brighteners.
Try: Patricia Wexler M.D Dermatology Resurfacing Microbrasion System and Skin Brightening Daily Moisturizer SPF30
Dr. Wexler will be appearing on the TLC program 10 Years Younger, where she’ll be sharing her anti-aging recommendations with everyone! Check out the program guide and tv schedule for info on when to tune in!