I really enjoyed using this moisturizer. It is a little bit thicker than most moisturizers, but it is creamy and silky. It does spread easily on my face with a slight residue that takes a minute or two to fully sink in (just brush your teeth, it will be gone by the time you're rinsing). It does smell like sunscreen, but this didn't bother me at all. Overall, I felt that it was just the right amount of moisturizer, creating a great base for my makeup but without turning me into a greasy mess!
Active Ingredients (refer to the sunscreen post):
• Avobenzone 3%
• Homosalate 10%
• Octocrylene 3%
• Oxybenzone 5%
As you can see, this product provides great broad spectrum UV coverage! I also love that rather than the "typical" SPF 15, this is SPF 30. Remember that with use of retinoids your skin become more sensitive to the sun, so the added SPF is a great idea.
Inactive Ingredients (refer to the moisturizer post):
Allantoin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ammomnium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ascorbic Acid, BHT, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum, Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Napthalate, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycolic Acid, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Laureth-7, methylparaben, p-Anisic Acid, PEG-75 Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Porylparaben, Retinol, Sodium Hydrozide, Squalane, Steareth-20, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Tocopheryle Acetate, Water
ROC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer
ROC sent me some tips for Retinoids, so I thought that I'd share the list with you here! I have added a few comments (they are in italics).
1. Retinol products containing pure and stable Vitamin A are most effective. Retinol’s structure allows it to immediately set to work improving skin’s appearance. In contrast, Retinol esters (pro retinol, retinyl palmitate, retinyl propionate, etc.) first have to be converted into Retinol before they can begin to work.
This is true, but keep in mind that while Retinol needs less processing the form that is the most active is Retinoic Acid.
2. Retinol fights fine lines AND deep wrinkles. Whether you’re looking to prevent future signs of aging or hoping to appear years younger, there’s a Retinol product suited to your needs. For deeper wrinkles, opt for a formula that offers an ultra-effective combination of Retinol and an Essential Mineral Complex.
3. Retinol’s strength is not only determined by its concentration. Retinol’s efficacy relies heavily on its formulation and delivery system. A product containing a higher percentage level of Retinol will not necessarily work better or faster.
This is very true. Many concentrate inappropriately on the concentration of the retinol when comparing products. Much more important is the formula, which determines how stable the retinol is and also how well it is delivered to your skin. The percentage of retinol is secondary.
4. Retinol must penetrate skin to improve it. Delivering Retinol in an encapsulated form enables it to penetrate into the skin’s surface, improving performance. Many other over-the-counter products only topically coat the skin, compromising results.
5. Retinol can degrade if not packaged properly. An air-tight, opaque tube or bottle helps maintain the formula’s stability by preventing oxygen or UV-light penetration.
6. Retinol works best when introduced gradually to your regimen. Using Retinol is like training for a marathon. Slowly build up your tolerance level—begin by applying a product containing Retinol every other day. Once your skin adjusts to this effective ingredient, you’ll be able to incorporate it into a daily skincare regimen with little chance of flaking or redness.
7. Retinol products can be safely used on sunny days. You don’t have to forego Retinol’s anti-aging benefits during daytime hours. A formula containing SPF 30 will provide adequate protection from the sun’s rays (like RoC’s newest addition, the RETINOL CORREXION® DEEP WRINKLE DAILY MOISTURIZER with SPF 30)
8. Retinol will complement AHA usage. Alpha hydroxy acids exfoliate the skin, enabling Retinol to penetrate into the skin’s surface even more efficiently. A product containing both ingredients is best used at night to avoid sensitivity.
Also true. There is a lot on the internet about avoid this combination, but if combined properly you don't need to worry about the stability of the retinoid. Gradually increasing the frequency of use will help with any redness or peeling issues
9. Retinol can help prevent the signs of premature aging. Early use of products containing pure and stable Retinol will help to combat fine lines before they start to appear noticeable, so skin continues to look years younger than it’s true age.
10. Retinol improves more than just wrinkles. It not only reduces the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles, but also improves skin tone, the signs of photodamage and pore size. Combined with sun protection, it’s the gold standard in anti-aging.