With the recent trend toward "green" many people are flocking to all natural products. The problem? There is no industry standard. So, pretty much any company can claim to be "natural" without actually being natural.
To help combat this problem the Natural Products Association has come out with this seal to help consumers find products that meet certain standards.
What are the standards?:
• 95% truly natural ingredients
• No ingredients with any potential suspected human health risks
• No processes that significantly or adversely alter the purity/effect of the natural ingredients
• Ingredients that come from a purposeful, renewable/plentiful source found in nature (flora, fauna, mineral)
• Processes that are minimal and don't use synthetic/harsh chemicals or otherwise dilute purity
• Unnatural ingredients only when viable natural alternative ingredients are unavailable and only when there are absolutely no suspected potential human health risks
So, look for the seal! It will start showing up on products from companies you know and trust already like Burt's Bees and Weleda.