Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Crystal ShineThursday, April 03, 2008
Shu Uemura has come out with a new formulation of their amazing Rouge Unlimited Lipstick, the Crystal Shine!
I haven't had a chance to try them out yet (I hopefully will soon!) but in the meantime, Shu's Principal Makeup Artist Jason Hoffman has some great tips for using this product:
• For a light glossy stain, apply directly from the tube.
• If you want a slightly heavier shine, use a brush to apply. The brush will pick up more product and blend it evenly on the lips.
For more color depth and long lasting wear, pair the crystal shine with a pencil. Try to use a pencil that is similar in color and remember to fill in the lips, avoiding the outline left alone when the shine wears off.
• As with all of our lipsticks, crystal shine is great for eyes and cheeks. Use a synthetic foundation brush and apply on the apples. (the colors look very fresh and the shimmer offers a beautiful sheen)
• For the eyes, use a synthetic concealer brush. Beiges and browns will be the easiest to wear on the eyes as reds and oranges can often make you look tired.
• Every woman should own the shade WH (white) 002S. It is so versatile! It can be used alone for a light glossy finish or layered over ANY lip color. It will lighten the color and give it a hint of pink shimmer.
• The shade BG (beige) 901S is also a must have for anyone who likes wear a smoky eye. It is the perfect beige that compliments browns, purples, greens, blues and black.
Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Crystal Shine