- Skin Care
Sunday, March 30, 2008
I'm finally starting my sunscreen reviews. Things have been a bit crazy with work, and frankly it's easier to write a quick blush post rather than get into a sunscreen, hence my very prolonged procrastination.
Here are a few videos to watch (in case you've forgotten why you should wear sunscreen):
As well, refresh yourself on what sunscreen basically is, and what all those sunscreen ingredients are.
I won't be writing these reviews like my "normal" reviews. I won't tell you which sunscreens work better than others. Why not? Quite frankly, I can not assume that the sun intensity in my town is the same everyday. I don't have time (nor the inclination) to spend hours outside each day checking to see if I get a sunburn. I'm going to assume that everyone will be applying these correctly as well (30 minutes before sun exposure, reapply every 2 hours regardless of activity, at least 1 ounce per application).
Here's the format I'll follow instead:
1) Ingredient Review: We'll go over the active ingredients listed in each sunscreen, checking that they truly provide broad spectrum coverage for both UVA and UVB rays.
2) The promises: Is it waterproof? Sweatproof?
3) What the sunscreen is like, meaning I'll review the consistency, smell and feel of the product. Some sunscreens you barely feel, some feel like you have an oil slick on your arm. Which would you rather wear?
4) Availability: I'll let you know where you can buy the product
5) The Verdict: What did I think overall? Would I buy this over and over again, or search for a better product?
Let me know if there is any information you'd like to know about each product that I'm not planning to include at this time.