For the past two weeks or so I've been loving a new product, but haven't had a chance to write about it until now. The people over at Elizabeth Arden certainly know how to create new foundations, because I have to say that I really love the new Intervene foundation.
According to Elizabeth Arden, these are the benefits of the foundation:
• Smooths imperfections, evens out skin tone and creates a soft natural finish that lasts all day with micro-mineral pigment technology.
• Visibly delays the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as it gives skin a firmer look
• 100% oil free
• Medium/full coverage. Ideal for normal skin.
• Protects skin from environmental challenges with antioxidant vitamins C and E
• Offers a wearable, skin-enhancing shade range created with Elizabeth Arden’s exclusive Custom Color system
• Provides SPF 15 sun protection
• Non-acnegenic and non-comedogenic
This is a very easy to use foundation, and it creates the near perfect skin that I have always dreamed of! I use a very small amount of the foundation, about half of a pea. I apply it to the tips of my fingers evenly and from there I have been using Jake Bailey's tip of basically smearing the foundation all over my face. Very minimal blending is needed from there, and primarily around the edges of my face, around my eyebrows and sometimes around my nose.
The foundation is a medium coverage with this small amount, though it would be easy to increase the coverage with just a bit more foundation. The foundation easily lasts all day (and even well into the night as I discovered during a very long day at work this weekend) without streaking or turning orange on me.
I think what I love the most about this product is not that it is medium coverage, but how it looks while providing that coverage. It really does not look like a heavy foundation at all. Instead it really seems to just blend easily into my skin and disappear. It doesn't appear to be there at all, but instead my skin suddenly is much more evenly toned and without redness. Amazing!
Elizabeth Arden Intervene Foundation
- About Me
- Contact Me
- Copyright Info
- About The Site
- Special Series
- Quick Looks
- Mommy Beauty
- My Favorites
- Favorites of Beauty Experts
- Anti-Aging 101
- Concealer Review Series
- Sunscreen 101
- Manicure 101
- Beauty Posts by Topic
- Skin Care
- Blog Roll