The eye shadow palettes from MAC this season are just fantastic. This palette offers 6 eyeshadows, and they aren't skimpy about how much they give you. All 6 shades work great with neutrals to add a bit of punch to an every day look, but when mixed together they are perfect for creating a look for your Holiday party or a night out.
• Honeylust, a bronze dipped peach (lustre) This might be my favorite color in the palette, it's a pretty shimmery peach.
• Silver Fog, an intense frosted silver with silver pearl (frost) This is the perfect highlighting color. Whether you use it in the inner corner of the eye or the middle of the lid, it works with almost any combination of eye shadows!
• Stately Black, a rich blue with silver sparkle (lustre) I haven't used this color much, but it is more subtle than you think it would be. It has great buildable color, and it is great for this season as it seems that dark blue eyeshadow is "the" color.
• Velvet Lady, a deep black with gold sparkle (velvet) This color I especially love to use as a liner. It's black, but not quite with a very pretty subtle shimmer– Perfect!
• Crème Royale a yellow wheat gold (veluxe pearl) Another color that works great in day looks! I like to use this as a base over my entire eye lid and then build beyond that with more basic colors.
• Manor, a warm brown with green pearl (frost) This color adds just a hint of depth when added to matte browns for a day look.
The compact just makes this feel like a luxury item. It's metal and very heavy! It has the ornate pattern on the outside similar to the other Royal Assests items, and closes with a reassuring click. Inside the entire lid is a huge mirror, and it includes 213SE Eye Brush with a gold wood handle.
Royal Assests: Red Lips
This is a beautiful set of lipsticks, but I think this one isn't for everyone. Red lipstick can be very difficult to apply as it is less forgiving.
• Cardinal, an intense red with raspberry undertone This color I had problems with. I have super pale skin, and the raspberry undertone seemed to bring out more of any redness I have in my skin (which, by the way, you couldn't see prior to applying the lipstick). When this is described as intense, they are right! It is very intense. However, I think that with more of a medium skintone, this would be beautiful!
• Media, an intense reddish purple This is the winner in the palette. It is a deep, rich color that looked amazing against my pale skin. I have friends at work who have this same palette, and this is everyone's favorite shade! It seems to work even better with darker skin tones.
• Glass Palace, a rich yellow gold This color works perfectly with both of the other colors to add a bit of shimmer but really it helps to tone down and add depth to both of the colors.
Again, this is in a great Royal Assests palette, with a big mirror and includes 316SE Lip Brush with a silver wood handle.