For me, Aussie shampoos are very nostalgic. Truthfully, I grew up in a salon product only household (my mother had been traumatized by bad home haircuts as a child). However, as a teen I would need cheap shampoo to take to school for after swimming, and you know my Aveda wasn’t going to go. I usually picked Aussie. For me, the choice at the time was based primarily on scent and foaming action since I really loved foaming action. Plus, it was easily found for $1 in the travel section of our local Meijers.
So, you can see why I was transported back to high school when I opened a box a few weeks ago and found Aussie Shampoo and Conditioner. While the formula, packaging and sassy sayings on the bottle have all changed, I definitely still had a fondness for Aussie!
This shampoo and condition are pretty great, I have to say. First of all they both smell just amazing, like some sort of Tropical Punch that you would want to drink by the gallon. They are both thick and creamy white, and feel very silky on your hands. The shampoo has a great lather, and does give you that squeeky clean feeling (and sound) that so many of us just love! Both rinse out very easily and leave your hair soft, silky and my hair was pretty easy to manage while using this products. I did find that I had a few more areas of frizz/fly away strands than with my Pureology products, but it was easily managed with a little bit of styling product.
Shampoo Ingredients (refer to the shampoo & conditioner post
• Ammonium Laureth Sulfate (detergent/surfactant)
• Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (detergent/surfactant)
• Sodium Chloride (included to help stabilize the shampoo)
• Glycol Distearate (thickening agent)
• Cocamide MEA (foaming agent)
• Dimethicone (a silicone)
• Fragrance, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Citric Acid, Trimethylolpropane Tricaprylate/Tricaprate, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Citrus Glauca Fruit (Australian Desert Lime) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate
Conditioner Ingredients (refer to the shampoo & conditioner post
• Cetyl Alcohol (thickening agent)
• Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine (conditioning agent, specially formulated to not cause buildup on your hair!)
• Stearyl Alcohol (in conditioners it is used to coat the hair)
• Quaternium-18 (helps to prevent static actually)
• Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone (silicone)
• Cetearyl Alcohol (emollient and thickening agent)
• Polysorbate 60, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glyceryl Stearate, Oleyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, EDTA, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Citrus Gluaca Fruit Extract (Australian Desert Lime Extract), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.